ODST 501st Airborne Battalion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They Drop Us, To Drop Them!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Attention all 501st members. There are several reforms being made to the over all structure
and operations of the clan. 1Lt Teh Newbz and 2Lt Hoshk are the two officers that will
be taking charge of most of the reformations. Newbz will be focusing on personnel
reform issue such as the way the clan is structured. If you'd like to provide feedback
pass that information up to him. Hoshk is focusing in on operational reforms and has
been tasked with trying to set up a training event, clan match, and a social event each
month. If you have ideas that you'd like to see come up at future events let him
know. These ideas can be training ideas, social ideas, or if you know of a clan that would
be interested in a clan match he's the one to contact.

LtC Skirata2
Commanding Officer

Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)

Go down 
+7
Alpine_gremlin
Yeti330
Target42
Dashi
Hoshk
Teh newbz117
Skirata2
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

Serves in his local Community Has Achieved Officer Status in the 501st Has Recruited 10 People Served in a clan alliance group.

Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) Empty
PostSubject: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Code:
So here goes the start of our clan's interactive story thread. Just a few reminders/ground rules.

1) to keep from confusing the story and comments and or discussion about the story. If you want to add comments about or discussion about the story put it in a code box.
2) you are not allowed to kill off another members character without written consent from the other member.
3) make sure that your section of the story fits in with the other previously posted sections we can't have the same character in multiple places at once and other similar mistakes.
4) to save with confusion on time zones we'll assume that in the future they did away with time zones and set everything up by a "new world clock (NWC)" this makes it easier to keep track of the time you don't have to convert for time zone and date changes between said time zones.

So here's to a good story. As noted in the character profile section this won't be a halo theme it'll be a uniquely 501st theme.

Fort Knox, KY
Tuesday, 10 August 3582, 1500 hours NWC

General Eli Johnson was sitting in an office with the Commander and Chief of the UN. He was just updating him on a new specialized team that stemmed from the old HALO jumps of the 21st Century. Instead of being a mere high altitude they be launched out of the ships or stations in orbit. Eli had been selected to lead up the 501st Battalion. It had been running for a little over a decade but only as an experimental project. They'd seen some action but the credit for the battles had been given to other military units due to the top secret nature of the project. However, this was all about to change. It was about to become a little more open. The only thing that the public at large would know is that they launched from orbit and that they were called orbital drop shock troopers.

"Yes sir we're going to start accepting more members in that weren't already. Anyone can apply for it but only about 1% of applicants will make it through the program." Eli explained. "All we need is your approval, Sir and we'll have the training up and going within a a couple months."

"Make it so, General" he replied"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sonoran Desert, Nevada
Tuesday, 17 August 3582, 1042 Hours NWC

For the purpose of training the UN converted the entire Sonoran Desert into a military base this allowed for the expanded room needed to conduct live drop training for the ODST unit. A hover bus came and came to a full stop hovering just a foot above the ground. 3 of the veteran ODST jumped on the bus. "From this point on you are mine. Your rank, until you finish your training, is meaningless. You answer to any current ODST, NCO and Officer alike. You will be the best. Nothing less than perfection will be accepted. You fail to meet our standards you will be punished. As we speak the bus has risen to 15 feet in the air you all will jump out. This represents the moment that you enter an AO you will be dropped into the battle. You are an advanced airborne trooper. When you drop into battle you will drop the enemy with precision and skill. They Drop Us to Drop Them! Now get OUT!!!"

"Aye Sir!!" The group yelled as they started filing out of the bus.
Back to top Go down
https://501st.forumotion.net
Teh newbz117
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Teh newbz117

No Disciplinary Action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary Action for two consecutive months Has participated in a clan match Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:43 pm

*Waits behind the other men in line to exit the bus, and when my turn comes, I hop out of the bus door, aiming for a buildup of sand blown onto the paved drill floor below, hitting the sand with a roll. I then get back on my feet.*
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

Serves in his local Community Has Achieved Officer Status in the 501st Has Recruited 10 People Served in a clan alliance group.

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:33 am

Code:
newbz you're supposed to actuall write a segment of the story. It can literallygo in any direction to be determined by the next authors addition to the story. You build your addition to the story on to previous additions. I have no more control over the stories progression than does any other member of the clan. its a story that will have multiple authors. tomorrow when i have my laptop charger ill send a link to some of the stories ive done with past groups.
Back to top Go down
Hoshk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Hoshk

Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:32 am

Sonoran Desert, Nevada
Tuesday, 17 August 3582, 1044 Hours NWC

"Aye Sir!" Matt shouted. He stood up, along with every other soldier on the bus. A line formed, Matt in second possition. The person in front of him asked a question. "Sir, how exactly are we supposed to land without broken legs?" Eli gave him a look of slight anger. He picked up a large object and thrust it into the soldier, knocking the breath out of him. "You use this". He reached for another, and held it up in view. "Gentlemen, this is the key to your survival. This; is the TC-7 Jump Jet, also known as a Jet-Pack." He pointed to an obscure red button on the jet-pack. "You press this button to activate and deactivate the system, but once you get your ODST Combat Armour you'll be able to do it through your Heads Up Display. Now, enough chit-chat get moving!"

Everyone began to put on their jet-packs. Matt studied it for a moment, and put it on. He began to look at the other soldiers. They were all different, yet the same. No matter what they looked like, they were soldiers; just like him. The first person jumped. Matt shuffled forward, and stared down to see how he went. The man fired up his jet-pack, and landed on his feet. An officer then approached him, removed his jet-pack, and ordered him to wait over by a small building. "Next!" Eli shouted. Matt took a deep breath, and jumped.

As he fell, he felt the weight of the jet-pack disappear. It felt glorious, the wind beating against him in the hot desert sun. He then pushed the button. The weight hit his shoulders hard, and he began to slow down. Matt glanced underneath him, and watched the sand approach. Then he realised, he was going to fast. He hit the ground hard, and a sharp pain hit him in the left leg. The jet-pack, still activated, launched him into a barrel roll. He slammed the button, and he landed on his back, the pain in his leg taunting him. The officer stationed below the bus wandered over very casually. He pointed a spray can at his leg and sprayed some kind of liquid on it. The pain dimmed, but he could still feel it. The officer then grabbed Matt's arm, and pulled him to his feet. "Seems like you need some practice son." Matt angrily replied, "I came here to jump off a frigate, not a bus." The officer smiled. "All the more reason to practice. If that happens from orbit, you're gonna have a lot more than a sore foot." He then removed Matt's jet-pack, and pushed him in the direction of the building, where he was happy to get out of the sun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HoshkyLlama?feature=mhee
Teh newbz117
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Teh newbz117

No Disciplinary Action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary Action for two consecutive months Has participated in a clan match Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:16 am

Sonoran Ground-Orbit Warfare Reserve
Wednesday, 18 August 3582, 0755 Hours NWC

After the short bit of excitement the previous day, what followed was lots of processing and classroom time. Many of the ODSTs-to-be became relaxed, settling into their new home...

"What is standing in front of me, is the best of the United Earth Government. Every single one of you has volunteered to be here, and all of you are the best of your country's respective Special Operations Forces.", the Lieutenant said, speaking to the second of the four training platoons that have been formed from the near- 200 men that have tried out for ODST selection. "However, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE THE BEST HUMANITY CAN MAKE YOU! ARE YOU?"

"NO, SIR!", the fifty- man unit replied.

"No? Show me you can be! CONTACT!" The officer shouted as a holographic target appeared behind a window.

At the moment the target appeared, the officer threw an MA7A Assault Rifle toward the man nearest the window.

He fumbled his hands from the 'Rest' position, and missed the rifle. A face of shock spread among the other recruits as the rifle clattered to the ground.

Before the officer could say anything, however, the man standing next to him dived for the rifle and, lying on his side, engaged the target through the window.

The officer, with a pleased look on his face, asked: "Trooper, name, rank, and previous unit, now!"

The man stood up at attention and faced the officer.

"Turner, Nathan. Lieutenant. 11th Recon Battalion."

"Good. Expect more of that, remember what you're trying out to be. Dismissed." The officer said as he exited the barracks room.

Last edited by Teh newbz117 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dashi
Sergeant
Sergeant
Dashi

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:29 pm

Sonoran Ground-Orbit Warfare Reserve
Wednesday, 18 August 3582, 0755 Hours NWC

Semyon observed his fellow troopers as he watched a "Lieutenant Nathan" dive for an assault rifle, thrown by the Commanding Officer. As the Lieutenant returned to standing up, the Officer turned to see Semyon still observing. As his back was turned, the Officer threw a Tec-10 Heavy Pistol towards him, expecting him to miss, but without turning Semyon clenched the pistol in his hand; spinning it around into the correct position and pointed it back at the Officer.
"Good throw, Sir." spoke Semyon, as he sent the pistol back through the air and into the Officer's hands.
"And a good catch. Hell, you didn't tell me your name trooper." responded the Officer.
"Semyon Petrovl, former Master Sergeant of the Russian Army 37th Infantry Division."
"A Russian huh? Hope you can understand everything I say son." joked the Officer.
"I speak fluent English sir, I do not believe you can say something I won't know." replied Semyon.

The Commanding Officer dismissed the soldiers for them to have breakfast, with the warning to not eat too much food for there was to be another drop today. Semyon found himself sitting at a table with 5 other men, all eating a breakfast of sausages, beans and an egg on the side. However, he just tossed an apple in the air, launching it with his left and catching it with his right. One of the soldiers turned to him, and made a comment about the fact he had only an apple for breakfast.
"I prefer to keep in the best of shape, товарищ." responded Semyon. The soldiers just turned and continued with their food, as did Semyon.
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Sonoran Desert - Orbit Warfare Reserve
Wednesday, 18 August 3582, 0925

"Welcome to the start of where the real training begins ladies and gentlemen." Eli started as the training company entered. "First thing you ought to know. The standard assault rifles you've come to know and love may still be used... When you actually complete your training. But while you're here you'll be using a new weapon. For those that know the old M16 style rifles, it'll have a very similar feel. The M16A10 has been in service for 3 decades with no change. It still fire conventional metal slugs projected by powder. This is the new M580A1. You'll notice that it has a short barrel like the old M4 carbine series. Also note that it has an expandable and foldable butt stock allowing to shorten the overall length. It also has a scope. Your weapon is YOUR weapon. It will be integrated into your Heads Up Display or HUD for short. I know you haven't gotten your armor and helmet yet but you'll need to master your weapon before you attempt to master the HUD. Also something you'll want to note is that there isn't a magazine. This is the great part about this rifle. Where the magazine would have been is your secondary air intake center. Where the shells would have ejected is the primary air intake. The box on the side of the barrel is the plasma charge. Without the box on the side of the barrel this weapon will only fire air. The weapon fires plasma rounds. It draws in the air from the intake valves and as it's going down the barrel it gets super heated by the plasma charge and fires a bolt at the target. The plasma can also be ionized to take out electronics in hard targets. Are there any questions?"

One of the trainees timidly raised their hand and with a nod from Eli started his question. "General Johnson, That appears to be a low zoom scope on the rifle. I'd assume if this is the only weapon we're allowed to train with that it's supposed to fill all weapon roles in a spec ops environment. How is a low zoom scope going to help us in sniping situations and wouldn't the short barrel be a disadvantage for long distance?"

"Great questions." Eli continued. "The scope can be a zero magnification reflex site or a 50 times magnification scope. You were correct in that this rifle can and will be able to fill all needed roles in a spec ops environment with great success. It's accurate within 5 kilometers. The only thing is it doesn't have an explosive yield to completely eliminate hard targets. It's great in close quarters and long range as well. The scope also has a set of iron site on top so that if your electronic equipment goes out you'll still be able to use the weapon. Also one thing I forgot to mention is the longevity in combat. It can be used for up to 3 months in heavy combat without having to change out the charge pack. Are there any more questions?" After a brief pause he decided there weren't. "Ok let's get started. Get on the range and 'lock and load'. Tomorrow you'll be running combat drills and I expect nothing less than perfection. Because by next week we'll be adding in the HUD."
Back to top Go down
Hoshk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Hoshk

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Matt approached the firing range. He picked up his weapon, and took a moment to admire it's beauty. He'd never seen anything like it. "Alright men, fire when ready!" Johnson shouted. Matt, raising his weapon, was eager to redeem himself from the previous day's mishap. Many of the other recruits were beginning with the close ranged targets. Instead, Matt engaged his scope and found a distant target. He fired one shot, and the general watched it fly through the air and hit the target, dead center. "Hold!" Eli shouted. The gunfire stopped, and Johnson approached Matt. "You're not much of a jumper, but you're one hell of a shot. Name, rank, previous unit!" "Lowndes; Matt, 2nd Lieutenant, 9th Dropteam Battalion; sir!" Eli studied him from head to toe. "The Bullfrogs, huh? I've heard about them. If you can learn to land on your feet after a jump, you'll fit in nicely." The general glanced around at the other soldiers. "Continue!" He then marched back to his observation position, and Matt continued to shoot.
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:05 pm

As Eli watched from his observation post a single plasma bolt was fired by one of the trainees that never hit a single target, though it had merely missed the one he had fired it at. He marched over to the soldier. It had already been a couple of hours since they had started at the range but he had made it very clear he expected nothing but perfection. "So soldier, you think this is a game?"

"No Sir!" The trainee shouted.

"Cease Fire!" Eli yelled. Again the room came to an immediate silence. "Company, What did I tell you all my expectations out of you were?" he demanded.

"Perfection SIR!" They all announced in unison.

"Well trainee would you say that not being able to hit that target over there is perfection?"

"No sir but I only missed by an inch and it was only one shot, Sir." The nervous trainee responded.

"An inch away! you think because you're an inch off the target completely that you were close right? Well I've got news for you trainee. Close only counts in horse shoes and explosives. And that is neither. In combat especially the type of combat ODSTs will face one shot may make all the difference between your life, and your squad mates life. Failure to hit every shot as a kill shot especially on a target that isn't moving is unacceptable." He said loud enough for every one to hear. " Because of this trainee, EVERYONE in the training company will proceed to do 100 pushups, NOW! If one person fails to do their part all of you will get punished. They Drop Us to Drop Them! They drop us as a team. If one team member fails we all fail. Start PUSHING!!"
Back to top Go down
Dashi
Sergeant
Sergeant
Dashi

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:19 am

After the trainees had finished their 100 pushups, they returned to firing at the targets. I aimed my gun at three different ones, close, distant and the final being 300 metres from me. I pressed my face against the gun as I looked down the scope; then pulled the trigger in quick succession, hitting all three targets. Then as I aimed at another target, my gun started to shake. I brushed it off at first as the shaking dimmed down, but then as I fired the next bolt I was hit in the face by an explosion without the gun. As I was propelled merely a foot off the ground, my finger, still in the position of the trigger, caught the trigger and fired another bolt missing my face by at best 2 inches. I felt the burning of the plasma as it soared past my face, and I fell backwards onto the ground.

I remember back in my Russian army days, when something similar like this would happen; though the guns were not plasma. It would scare the rookies half to death. But me, I just got up and laughed as the Officer approached me.
"You ok trooper?" questioned the Officer.
"Maybe it's a good thing I've never personally used guns such as these, otherwise the bolt would've probably hit my face rather than miss it." I joked.
"You cheated death well trooper."
"Yeah well, I've done that a lot back home. Quick question Sir," I said, "Is there per chance a flight training in this project?"
Back to top Go down
Target42
Private
Private
Target42

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Later that day. End of training
Philip Carlasabad stood shaking. The new weapons weren't anything like he was used to. Now on to his first attempt today to prove his worth, and it ended poorly. He approached Seymon.
"Seymon" he began
Yes Philip" Seymon answered.
"What can I do?"
"About what"
"about everything. All my life I've been this or that, insufficient or generally weak. That plasma seems to be an example. I don't want to be the cause of death of anyone because of my ineptitude"
"Are you thinking of leaving"
"A little"
That was when Eli caught wind of the Convsersation
"WHAT WAS THAT PHILIP?" he roared.
"I was having thoughts about leaving"
"Now you listen to me here kid" began Eli,"I was never as bad as you and I have no pity for you fools. But this civil war may be the downfall of ALL HUMANITY!. DO YOU WANT TO LEAVE HUMANITY AT STAKE BECAUSE YOU ARE WEAK!"
Philip stood up straight, and with a sudden burst of power yelled out "Sir, no Sir"
Eli grinned. "Excellent."
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Wednesday, 25 August 3582,
1225 hours NWC

A week had gone by since they had started at the range on day one. The Trainees had been given their helmets a couple days before so they could get used to moving around while constantly having new information fed to them through the HUD. They were receiving plans of the day, briefings, operational information, pretty much anything else that they could think of. They found that the coolest part of being able to wear the helmets was that they could communicate to the other members of the ODST units without anyone not wearing an ODST communicator being able to hear on the outside. "Well everyone. Hope you've gotten used to all the extra information being sent to you. Because this is where you'll really start to be challenged. Moving around with all that information being fed to you is one thing. You can use the Three-sixty degree viewing system to see anywhere around you without moving your head, but while checking behind you on the HUD you've still got to be able to focus in and accurately and quickly engage targets in front of you. Also at the same time you'll have to be able to interface with the hud to be able to activate different functions such as your jet pack the night vision functions, and other similar functions." Eli explained. "You're going to have to learn this quickly as you'll be running the shoot house with sim guns. They're the exact same weapon. Your targets will be using good old fashioned rubber bullets. You'll be using the training M350. The enemy will be wearing suits that'll register hits and heat the effected targets. I expect your very best."
Back to top Go down
Target42
Private
Private
Target42

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Philip suddenly proclaimed that he would go first. "Well sure thing. If I remember though you made everyone do pushups thanks to your imperfections. "
Philip smiled. Wait and see he said and went in.
The house was pitch black. Philp suddenly had a disturbing flashback of the mission his best friend had died in. GO! yelled Eli. So he took off. With his VISR on, the room was bright and he spun swirled and came out less than a minute later holding a new weapon. "Interesting" remarked Matt.
Eli exaimined Philip.
Philip asked "Whats this beauty here?"
"that" Eli started " is the AA 49 c model. A full auto close quarters combat weapon. In the right hands, it's lethal in one shot."
"Can I keep it" Philip asked.
Eli just moaned.

Code:
  I think we all ,save Eli, should write about our run in the shoot house.
Back to top Go down
Teh newbz117
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Teh newbz117

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:56 am

Nathan waved his arm and stepped up to signify that he would go next.

It bothered him to know he could not use his trademark shotgun for this exercise, due to the high price of sim-capable twelve-gauge buck.

But he had a plan.

As the training officer ordered 'make ready', he produced his heirloom M1911 pistol from his thigh cargo pocket, and loaded it with .45 ACP sim rounds he had purchased from the supply sergeant. As an alternative to making the whole weapon sim-capable, the sim rounds are still effective, just more expensive. He tested his night optical equipment, and gave the range officer the thumbs-up. During his short time in Marine Recon, he had been part of his company's air-assault rooftop entry team. He loved that job, and wanted it in this battalion, so he'd have to do this perfectly.

The light above the first door turned green, and a buzzer sounded. It was go time.

Nathan entered the room, fast and smooth, strafing toward the right corner of the first room. Suddenly, he noticed an enemy hiding right in the left corner. He didn't expect such a cliched trick, but he spun forty-five degrees to the left and put two rounds in his chest. The man's suit then locked up his motor functions, as he fell to the floor. This 360-view tech was great.

"Maybe if I had this tech on Paris IV, I would have seen that Allahu-Ackbar bastard before it was too late..." Ethan thought

Nathan suddenly realized that these 'targets' were living, thinking humans, and stepped up his game, clearing the next room in mere seconds and zapping two more 'targets'. Ethan saw that this shoothouse was designed to have multiple paths for the operator to choose, making every run different. Huh. His external sensor picked up ammonium-nitrate in the room to his left, and he decided to avoid it. He sprinted up the nearby stars on the right with his muzzle steady. At the top, he cleared the last room with ease.

Stepping out of the second-floor exit to the shoothouse, another buzzer sounded to indicate his completion of the course. He was quickly met by another range officer.

"Turner, what the hell is that?" He pointed at the pistol in Ethan's hand.

This is an M1911A1, loaded it with sim rounds. It belonged to my father's, father's, father's, father's, father's, father's, father's, father's, father's, father's, father's, father's, father's, father's, father, sir. I felt it would be more advantageous for me to use a pistol in an inner-cordon environment."

"I'll tell you right now, candidate, if you tried this back in a regular unit, you'd be NJP'd fast. But here, we're a little less stringent. If it improves your performance and doesn't cause a problem, keep using it.", The range officer relayed with emphasis.

"Thank you, sir." Nathan said gratefully as he started down the stairs to compare his time.

Last edited by Teh newbz117 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in 3 clan matches Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Constantly is volunteering to do work for the clan and it's members. Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Wihelm shouldered the M350. He made a quick inspection of the rifle to see what fire modes it had to his luck there was a semi-auto fire mode that he quickly flipped it on to.

The green light switched on the buzzer sounded. He entered the room quickly and upon seeing the first enemy shot him in the head. He then proceeded to shoot the next target and then the next one in the head. He moved through the complex with grace and deadliness scoringperfect kill shots on every target. He then exited the shoot house and returned to the range officer.

"Impressive Wodanson you got all perfect accuracy and precision and you so far have set the top time for your class as of now. Keep up the good shooting like what you did at the range and you will be offered to go through the sniper training." Eli said

Wilhelm replied " Thank you sir, I simply went in with the mind set of precision and the rest was my body and mind reacting."

Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Eli decided that he'd let the trainees take a short break. For fun he decided to run the shoot house himself as a treat for the excellent work they'd been doing so far through the day. He grabbed a training M350 and threw on his helmet. "Ready!" Eli yelled to the other range officer.

"GO!" The Officer responded. Eli entered the room. He selected the night vision mode by winking at the icon on his HUD and activated it with a double blink. He saw his first target getting ready to raise his rifle. With another series of blinks he activated the spot lamp on his rifle and helmet temporarily blinding his target with the sudden burst of light. He fired three times in quick succession the first 2 hitting center mass and the third hitting the target between the eyes. He entered the next room he immediately started to engage the first target he saw. After eliminating that target his HUD flashed a movement warning from the corner behind him. He switched his HUD to the scope view and without looking fired another 3 perfectly placed shots. After clearing the shoot house in 20 seconds, taking only a forth of the time it had taken Wilhelm. He exited with a smile.

Back to top Go down
Alpine_gremlin
Major
Major
Alpine_gremlin

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Vasily sat patiently listening to the drill officer as he outlined the day 1 training exercise.

"Okay ladies, you`ve been selected to be here because you`re the best tank crewmen we could find! Apparently you all did something right to get here, so I expect nothing less than perfection! The infantry boys have already been proving themselves for a week now, so you`re a bit behind, but that`s nothing the cavalry can`t overcome. Am I right, ladies?"

" HELL YES SIR!" the crewmen shouted out.

"That`s what I like to hear! Okay, you`ve all spent enough time in the simulator, but nothing can replace real-life practice. Your opponents today will be drone vehicles. Just keep in mind, just `cause they`re robots don`t mean they can`t bring a world of hurt on you! That`s right! They will be firing specially crafted test-SABOT rounds. These rounds can and will penetrate your vehicles if you allow them! The rounds will not cause physical harm to you lot, but they will damage critical modules on your tank; engine, turret, ammo. You name it. So be careful out there! For those wondering, the vehicle that you will be using today is called the M1A12 Marauder. This is a twelfth generation adaptation of the old M1A1 Abrams tanks that they used during the 20th-21st century. Its one tough bastard, but you`re not invincible. What makes this MBT unique? It has been specially designed for ODST use. That`s right ladies! It can fit in a specially designed tank drop pod. You`ll be dropping right in with the infantry during real combat, and we`re going to mimic that today! Any questions?"

No one had anything to ask, but Vasily could see his fellow tankers were a bit nervous about the whole "dropping into combat in a tank" concept.

"Good", the officer said. "Now, everyone board the frigate, mount your tanks, and prepare to drop!"

Vasily turned to his friend Dimitri Voronov. The two had been friends since childhood, "Don`t worry Dima, this will be fun, da?"

"Of course!", he replied. Both were nervous, no matter how they acted.

"Oh, and one more thing!", the officer shouted. "General Johnson will be observing your exercise today. He wants to know what kind of support his boys will be getting, so you better give him 110%!"

Vasily and Dimitri mounted their tank. Their driver, an American named Pete Rodeschild, hopped in after them. The two Russians nick-named him zhiznʹ , the Russian word for "life". Before their selection for the ODSTs, Rodeschild`s amazing driving had gotten the three out of many life/death situations and was an expert at angling armor to increase chances of ricochets.

Vasily hopped into the commander`s cupola while they all took a few minutes to inspect their new machine.

"Different from the tanks back home, eh, Dima?" , Vasily joked.

"Yeah, but we`ll manage, comrade. Just like we always have!", he replied.

"Let`s do it!", Rodeschild shouted.

"Attention Marauder 1, you`re up first! Drop when ready!", the intercom blared.

"That`s us! How are we looking, guys?" Vasily asked.

"Engine`s good to go!" Rodeschild replied.

"120mm Plasma SABOTs loaded! Bore is sighted! Let`s do this comrades!", Dimitri yelled.

Vasily pulled the drop lever and the tank`s pod ejected from the frigate. It rocketed through the atmosphere as the parachute opened. The pod crashed onto the testing course and the tank emerged from the crater. Vasily scanned for targets and saw a drone peeking from out of cover to the right.

“Target! 2 `o clock! Armor piercing! Engage at will!”, he shouted.

Dimitri quickly traversed right and fired. The drone was hit dead center and exploded.

“Excellent tovarisch! That must have been the ammo!” Vasily roared.
The tank`s motion sensor picked up three targets behind them.

“6 o clock! Evasive action!”

Rodeschild whipped the tank into a 180 spin. The drones fired but ricocheted harmlessly off due to the 45 degree angle that had been created. Rodeschild drove toward a berm. In hull-down, Dimitri fired, disabling one tank, then two, then three. 3 drones armed with anti-tank lasers emerged from the rocks to their 4 o clock.
Dima picked up the scan, and quickly traversed. He noticed that they were bunched up in a group. He decided to shoot the cliff face directly above the drones. A huge mess of boulders crushed the lightly armored drones below. The crew dispatched all of the drones in a record-breaking one minute, 45 seconds; the fastest time to date.
Eli summoned the drill officer after witnessing the exercise.

“Get me the crew of that tank NOW!”

“Yes sir!” , The officer replied.

Last edited by Alpine_gremlin on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Eli sat in his office when someone hit the door chime. "Enter!" Eli yelled. Immediately three trainees walked into his office and stood at attention.

"Sir, Gunnery Sergeant Kandinsky reporting as ordered!" The senior trainee sounded off as he entered the office. "Captain Brunelle said you needed to see us, Sir."

"Ah yes, you must be the tank crew that I saw today out on the training field." Eli said. "I just thought it worth mentioning that what you all did today is probably the best tank work I've ever seen. Once you all finish out your ODST training I'm going to ensure that you're assigned to my unit. With the type of support that you all will be able to provide will save a bunch of Troopers lives."

"Thanks you, Sir" Vasily replied

"That'll be all. Dismissed."
Back to top Go down
Hoshk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Hoshk

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:11 am

Thursday, 26 August 3582,
0700 hours NWC

The next day, everyone awoke at 0500 for a run around the campus. After a breakfast at 0600, the recruits met for the day's briefing at 0700 hours. "Well, you've all done many different kinds of training over the past week, but now it's time for a new test." Eli said to the group. "Because the officers here are so kind, we are offering you the opportunity to train in your preferred class. We will be holding infantry, orbital, MBT, Naval and Aircraft training exercisers. You can pick from any of those 5 training courses for today. So, who would like to tell us their choice first?" Matt stood up. "I would, sir!" The General walked towards Matt. "Lowndes, which profession would you like to practice in today?" "Aircraft, sir!" Eli stared at him, and gave a smile. "You got a need for speed, soldier? That's good to hear. Fast-Movers or slow?" "Slow-Movers, sir!" Eli stepped back. "Fancy the choppers son? Well, we could use you. I'll get a chopper and crew ready, Captain Young will escort you there. The officer waited at the door while Matt walked through, and the officer then followed him. "Alright!" Eli shouted. "Who's next?"

Thursday, 26 August 3582,
0730 hours NWC

The elevator came to a stop, and the doors open letting in a bright morning sun. The glare hurt Matt's eyes, but it quickly faded. A drone grew louder and louder, until it became clear. Before him stood an AH- 7K Razor, a variant of the AH-1Z Viper from the 21st century. Matt smiled. As he walked towards the beast, two men came up to him. "Good morning, we'll be your crew for today. I'm Kyle, I'll be your co-pilot. This is Andrew, he'll be in charge of the weapon systems." "Nice to meet you" Matt said. "Let's get aboard." "Of course, I'm sure you know how to fly one of these things?" "I used to fly these all the time when I was with The Bullfrogs. I'm more than acquainted with this."

The AH-7K Razor has some easily identified differences from the Viper. The biggest difference, is that the Razor has a passenger canopy behind the cockpit. It carries highly explosive QPT Hydrogen missiles, with 2 VC Plasma Blasters to mow down enemy infantry. Matt and Kyle got into the cockpit, while Andrew jumped into the passenger canopy and closed the doors. Matt fired up the engine and took off. As he approached the training ground, Kyle gave him a quick briefing. "Today's objective is simple, kill everything. There will be multiple MBT's and AA guns, as well as Infantry carrying some pretty explosive equipment. But don't worry, it's all simulated. All enemy projectiles will self-implode before impact, but the computer will still mark it as a hit." Will there be enemy Aircraft by any chance?" Matt said with a chuckle. "Sorry, not today."

Matt noticed a small village ahead. "This is it Matt, get ready." Matt flew directly over the village's main road, firing multiple QPT's, snagging himself 4 kills. He swung the chopper around, and spotted an AA Gun on top of a building. He lowered towards the ground, keeping outside of the gun's effective range. He engaged his VC Plasma Blasters, and ripped the steel of the gun to shreds. He rose back to the sky and flew around a small hilltop, coming around for another pass. A beeping sound and red flashing lights appeared on Matt's HUD. "There's a tank on the other side of the village getting a lock." Kyle said. The beeping became a steady drone, as the missile approached. He fired his flares, and approached the tank, firing a QPT missile. It hit the tank directly. He flew over the smoke, satisfied. Beep! His HUD lit up again. "That tank isn't dead yet, Lowndes," Kyle said. "Lets go around for another pass." The beeping became a drone as another heat-seeker fired. Matt hit the button to engage flares; but nothing happened.

Andrew came over the intercom. "I'm still loading these flares, you're gonna have to shake him!" Matt waited for the missile to get close, and then swung the Razor around in a complete 180 degree turn, and the missile flew right past him. Matt flew towards the tank, and fired one more QPT missile to destroy the tank. Then the missile turned around and began to follow him again. "The flares are ready for launch". Matt fired the flares, and the heat-seeker went haywire until it finally hit the ground.

As Matt flew back towards base, Kyle gave him his stats. "Not bad. All targets elminated in roughly 1 minute, 27 seconds. And no damage taken to the chopper. Well done! I think the General will be pleased."
Back to top Go down
Target42
Private
Private
Target42

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Philip stood there. He had spent all week going insane over running the shoot house and training as hard as possible. "I'll Go next" he said.
"And what would that be" questioned Eli
"Infantry Preferably CQC"
"Right this way" said another officer.
Philip walked in. He picked up the gun he was best with, the AA 49. "Course 1 will begin the 3...2...1....GO!"
Philip ran in. It was dark so Philip easily switched his VISR to night mode. Then he set 360 on. Right away someone charged him. Philip pivoted and delivered the shot. The target fell. He moved on taking out two more. Then another attempted to get him. He swung the butt of his shotgun into the target, who promptly fell. Philip was then surrounded. That was when the memory of Josh came back.
The room was dark, and the objective had been completed. Philip and josh just had get outside. That was when they were ambushed. The guns went off loud cracks in the dark. Philip saw Josh cruble. He went to pick him up but by then...
Philip snapped back and unoladed the magazine. He did a back swing and dashed for the exit. Eli stood there smiling.
Back to top Go down
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in 3 clan matches Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Constantly is volunteering to do work for the clan and it's members. Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:48 pm

As Wilhelm saw Eli approach him he was ready to reply by saying "sniper school sir!" But ELi beat him to it.

"Geuss what son you're going off to sniper training and good luck to you."

Wilhelm replied "Thank you SIR!" After that Wilhelm jogged off to the Marksman/Sniper branch and awaited orders.

"Oh and Wihelm you will have 30 minutes to get to the training facility on the other side of this campus. Have fun." ELi said

22 minutes later

Wilhelm got to the gate of the sniper training facility and then had to wait another 30 minutes for the rest of the three other people that were chosen to go there. Wilhelm finally got called up for equipment change. He wondered to himself. "Why in the hell would I need to change equipment my VISR is already as sweet as it can get how better can they make these?"

The officer called him up and said "Here you go son." handed him a different helmet and waved him on. And was granted a 30 minute inspection time for the helmet and if he wanted to for a break.

"What the heck is the different between this and my helmet." He continued to look at it and noticed a small camera looking device on the upper right side of the helmet. His VISR brought up a descirption of what the device did. "So this thing has options for Thermal vision good up to 300 meters without a x50 scope but with it... Holy crap this thing can see objects with a thermal signature up to 1000 meters. Okay what is next, wow an X-RAY option that can accurately detect objects behind cover at 500 meters with and without scope. And it has the all too familiar night vision option." He put it on and waited for it to register that there was a user in it.

A female voice started to speek. "Hello user you have been selected for the official ODST sniper training. Please say your name so that I may know who I am speaking to." Wilhelm said his name and continued to listen to the voice that was coming through the helmet. By the time the voice ended there was still 13 minutes left. So he spent them searching the options in the helmet adjusting the settings to his liking and getting use to overall feel o fthe helmet and the person that was almost inside his head.

Once the 30 minutes had ended a voice came over the internal helmet intercom and ordered all potential marksman and sniper recruits to the firing range for a basic skill assesment.

"You four are here because you have been selected out of the rest of your class as the top shootesr that qualified for this training. This is a basic skill assesment to see what your knowledge of shooting a high precision rifle at close, moderate, long, and at extremely long ranges. If you fail this test you are automatically sent back to the rest of your class and will be assigned as a grunt. Am I clear?" Said the senior sniper drill instructor.

All replied "Sir yes Sir!"

"Great now come over here and pick up a rifle."

Wilhelm picked up the rifle and noticed that it was a Remmington MSR-60 which looked familiar to the 21st century Remmington MSR but with improved rifling, a 1:8 barrel rotation and a 27" barrel, 1 lb trigger pull and came with a varying zoom scope.

"Okay everyone have there rifle?...Good everyone to the firing line for accuracy test. You will start out by firing at the 300 meter target then you will move up to the 500 meter target next there will be a 700 meter target and finally ther will be 1000 meter target. For ammo you will be using .60 caliber tungsten core high power round on impact this projectile will exurt an average of 4,500 lbs of pressure. Plenty of force to knock off a good chunk of what you are aiming at even lightlyt armored vehicles. Take up your positions on the firing range and wait for instructions to commence fire. Your helmet that you received also has a D.O.P.E. (Data Of Previous Engagments) book in it for this rifle so don't worry about the adjustments you will have 15 minutes to fire 40 rounds accurately. SO that being said you will fire 10 rounds into each target and will have 22.5 seconds to get off a shot."

Wilhelm waited for the command to commence fire. He heard it and started sending rounds down range with perfect precision and accuracy. He breezed through the 300 meter course and the 500 meter, scoring perfect X's (the scoring for shooting goes, X,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,Miss X being a prefect shot.) He fired his first shot at 700 neters and got a 10. "shit." he said under his breath. He continued to fire only getting X's from then on to try and make up for the fould up he made. When the firing session was complete he was approached by one of the officers.

"Expert shooting Wilhelm but what happened at the 700 meters with that 10 when I heard you say that explitive?"

"I rushed myself and didn't keep my firing rhythm in syc."

"If it is any comfort to you, you had the best score with a 400.39 (meaning that there were no points dropped and the deicaml represenets "X's") that is 13 points better than the number two guy. And you are the ninth best shooter we've ever had with three of those shooters scoring 400.40 and the rest scoring what you shot. So that is still pretty damn good."

"Thank you sir!"

Code box/comment
The 400.39 was an actual score I got in a competition at 50 yards, 50 meters, and 100 yards with smallbore prone. Whih ranked me ninth in the state of Connecticut for smallbore.
Back to top Go down
Ghost85
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Ghost85

Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) ARMYGOODCONDUCTMEDAL Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) NATIONALDEFENSESERVICEMEDAL Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) ARMEDFORCESEXPEDITIONARYSERVICEMEDAL Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) ARMEDFORCESSERVICEMEDAL Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) NON-COMMISIONEDOFFICERPROFESSIONALDEVELOPMENTMEDAL

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Friday, 27 August 3582,
0100 Hours NWC

Axel had been 10 days late and missed the introduction everyone else received in the new 501st battalion. Like always, he had to be different. Unlike anyone else in the battalion, he'd been the only member to be a prisoner of war. He possessed distinguished scars all over from previous engagements. Unconventionally, he rejected the standard issue knife all shock troopers were issued and chose his own kukri knife, widely used by Gurkha regiments during World War II. He applied for the spots of spotter and squad gunner, an unlikely combination. Still, he felt greatly satisfied to be serving with Captain Wilhelm again. They'd served together in a previous mission performing cover fire for ground forces.

Axel arrived before dawn and spoke briefly with General Eli and Captain Wilhelm.

"Good to you finally meet you, Warrant." said an angry Eli. "Since you been in service for awhile and are expected to be held to a higher standard, mind telling me why you missed the first few days?"

"Sir, been kinda busy with last unit, ODST Black Recon, had a problem with insurgents in Somalia. The Op was only supposed to last 5 days, but complications happened with our ride out so we had to find alternative transportation."

"I see," replied Eli, "read your file, Ghost is it? Seems like you've been through hell, how long were you a POW?"

"40 days, sir, 40 miserable »BLAM« days!" he explained.

Wilhelm interrupted, "General, I can vouch for this man and say that he'd be a valuable asset to the battalion. I've served with him in the past, best spotter that's EVER been given to me. He's also very messy with heavy caliber machine guns, think 'bout that before you send him to the range. He ruined the range at Fort Benning."

"Well then, Captain, I want you to show our newest member to the sniper training since he is our designated spotter. Warrant, you'll report only to Captain and me, understood?"

"Yes Sir!"

He turned and exited with Wilhelm, he whispered to Wilhelm, "i think he likes me."
Back to top Go down
Teh newbz117
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Teh newbz117

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Monday, 30 August 3582,
0300 Hours NWC

"GROUP, EYES... FRONT!!!" the instructor at the front of the room sounded off.

The large auditorium of men quickly snapped to the front.

"As you undoubtedly already know, today is the beginning of a battalion-wide exercise! This will take everything you've learned, smash it, and replace it with hard-earned experience! The General has given his left nut to make sure this field op is as real as it gets! It will be a combined arms operation, with infantry, armor, and rotary-wing aircraft all in the fight. This will also be the first real drop you boys will ever get, why else do you think we shipped all you up to the Fallujah in low orbit? To put you boys on the ground! And remind me, troopers, how DO you hit the ground?

The entire room stood up at attention and sounded off:

"FEET FIRST, SIR!", before returning to their seats.

"Good. Today will also be the day you get to meet your company commanders! You have already been assigned your company, Alpha, infantry, Bravo, armor, Charlie, recon, or Delta, the flyboys, shortly before being flown up here! Lieutenant?", the officer said.

Lieutenant Turner marched up to the front of the room and pivoted to face the crowd.

"Turner, here, was one of the most qualified men we could find and select for Alpha Company command. Now then, could the officers leading Bravo, Charlie, and Delta Companies come up here so your men can see you before we drop this fine morning?"

Back to top Go down
Hoshk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Hoshk

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:59 am

Matt rose to his feet, and marched to right side of the group. After General Eli introduced the other commanders, he got to Matt. "...And finally, we have Lieutenant Matt Lowndes. This soldier has shown expertise in piloting aircraft. He did it for the Australians, he did it for the Bullfrogs, and now he'll do it for us. So, it is my honour to grant you the possition of Delta Platoon Commander." Matt felt brilliant to be awarded such a possition. Eli then finished off his sentence. "If you guys on the ground ever need air support, he will be the man to make sure you get it!" The room applauded their new commanders as all four of them stood there with a smile on their face.
Back to top Go down
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 am

"Captain Wilhelm would you please stand to be recognized as the leader of Charlie Platoon. As well as the rest of Charlie Platoon" Eli announced. Wilhelm stood up to be recognized. As well as the rest of Charlie Platoon. "Is there anything that you would like to say to the troops that you are going to be providing recon and cover fire for?"

"For everyone that is in this room this is possibly the only time you will get to see our faces. Primarily because, we will be doing what we do bset and tat is remaining unseen. So for all of you good luck we will be keeping an eye on you all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next