ODST 501st Airborne Battalion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They Drop Us, To Drop Them!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Attention all 501st members. There are several reforms being made to the over all structure
and operations of the clan. 1Lt Teh Newbz and 2Lt Hoshk are the two officers that will
be taking charge of most of the reformations. Newbz will be focusing on personnel
reform issue such as the way the clan is structured. If you'd like to provide feedback
pass that information up to him. Hoshk is focusing in on operational reforms and has
been tasked with trying to set up a training event, clan match, and a social event each
month. If you have ideas that you'd like to see come up at future events let him
know. These ideas can be training ideas, social ideas, or if you know of a clan that would
be interested in a clan match he's the one to contact.

LtC Skirata2
Commanding Officer

Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)

Go down 
+7
Alpine_gremlin
Yeti330
Target42
Dashi
Hoshk
Teh newbz117
Skirata2
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Teh newbz117
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Teh newbz117

No Disciplinary Action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary Action for two consecutive months Has participated in a clan match Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 am

Captain Nathan Turner sat in his pod, anxious. He was already pissed off that Third Platoon dropped before he did, but now they were in trouble...

The loudspeaker blared.

"Jumpers, make ready!"

Turner sat back, buckled his harness, and shut the pod door.

The pod bay operator came on the PA.

"Jumpers, confirm ready!"

A follower of the idealisms of George S. Patton, patience was not one of Nathan's strong suits.

"We don't have time for this, dammit! My men are ready! Hit it!"

There was no response, but the confirmation lights in his pod agreed.

After the release, he quickly briefed his hasty landing team.

"First Platoon, on me. We'll be dropping on Bravo Company's POS with the M235's. Second Platoon, land in the town and link up with Saber 3 and Gunny. Clear an LZ for Weapons...."

Nathan looked down at the mess he was dropping into from 10,000 feet.

Nathan resisted the urge to curse and worry his men. Instead, he decided to reference literature.

"Live forever, apes..."
Back to top Go down
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

Serves in his local community

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:23 am

"What the hell is that noise?," Naomie asked. Sierra-one brought there weapons ready as Marcus spoke to them," it sounds like its coming from over that hill, stay here I'll go check it out." As Marcus low crawled up the hill to where the edge overlook down into the canyon, he grabbed his binoculars and brought them up to his eyes. As he started moving from right to left, scanning the area he blurted out," Holy shit," as he grabbed at his radio. "General Eli, this is a priority one hail, please respond." "General Eli here, something wrong Marcus?" "We have a huge enemy presence, I repeat code yellow, code yellow," Marcus yelled. Code yellow being the code that U.N.S.C. forces are outnumbered severely."What?, tell me exactly what you see." As Marcus peaked back up over the hill he started calling off targets. "I make out an estimated 120 rebel T-205 tanks and an infantry unit in the two battalion size, sir this wasn't a simple hostage crysis, it was a trap."
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

Serves in his local Community Has Achieved Officer Status in the 501st Has Recruited 10 People Served in a clan alliance group.

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 7:08 pm

"Sierra you start lazing targets we'll have heavy artillery coming in. Prepare for danger close firing operations." Eli responded. "Thunderchild! Sierra team has located multiple high priority targets. We're severely outnumbered. Sierra team will be lazing targets. Fire at will. Be advised danger close!"

"501 Actual I copy firing mission on targets being lazed by Sierra team, Over" The Fire Control Officer responded.

"That's a solid copy. 501 Actual Out!" Eli responded.

"Sierra Team Sierra Team. We've received a fire mission on your go. Laze the first target." The Fire Control Officer said. Eli saw on his HUD that the target had been lazed. "Target received. Round out. Danger Close." Eli could hear the round screaming towards the ground. All of a sudden the ground shook violently. He could hear the explosion from here. Sierra team was almost 30 klicks from his position.

"Sierra team your status?" Eli Demanded

"We're ok, Sir! Glad we had the noise buffers. Even with them fully activated that was still loud. Lazing the next target."

"Copy that 501 Actual Out!"

Back to top Go down
https://501st.forumotion.net
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 7:46 pm

"Uhhhh Marcus, isn't this a danger close fire mission," Ryan said worryingly. "It's that, or we go to hell in a hand basket," Marcus said turning back to the battlefield. Just then enemy Longswords flew over top of Sierra team forcing them to duck. "You have got to be shitting me, they got heavy air support to," Marcus said as he went for his radio," Sir this is Sierra Actual be advised the rebels have heavy air support, I don't think a air strike will do it this time, we are pulling out, a nine man recon team won't stand a chance against this kind of opposition, Sierra Actual out."

"Marcus now what," Ryan asked. "We are falling back to fight another time, understood," Marcus said to Ryan then issuing an order to the squad," Fall back, I repeat fall back, General there isn't a way you could ruffle up us a ride to your location now could you, I don't plan on humping 30 klicks to your position, over."
Back to top Go down
Alpine_gremlin
Major
Major
Alpine_gremlin

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:10 pm

The valley near the infantry extraction point was littered with the burning husks of Rebel armor. The enemy ground attack aircraft lay crashed and burned. The 25mm cannons worked wonders in getting Vasily`s company out of that mess.

"All targets neutralized" confirmed Vasily.

"Look at that. An entire battalion destroyed and it ain`t even 1200 hours! I`d say we`ve done our fair share for today." joked Rodeschild.

"We`re not done yet. There is still a very large enemy presence in the area, tovarisch. At least another battalion. We`re going to be needed. I`ve got a request for transport from Sierra Actual. Lets move out" Vasily concluded.

"Sir, I`ve got reports of enemy heavy air support on station. We won`t last long against that kind of firepower" warned Blaskowitz.

"I`m sure the General has something up his sleeve. Now come on, Bravo Company`s taxi service is open for business" Vasily said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 pm

As Sierra-one ran for cover, rebels started moving in on the team. "There everywhere!!!!," Naomie yelled. "Just keep hitting them, keep hitting them, 501 Actual we are under heavy enemy fire I repeat heavy enemy fire," Marcus said as static just spat back at him," dammit, Ryan we need to get in that.......". Marcus stopt as a sniper bullet inserted his head. "MARCUS NO!!!!!!," Ryan yelled as Marcus slumped to the ground. Ryan ran to Marcus's body and grabbed him,"NO, MARCUS." "We need to go Ryan, grab his other arm lets get him in that building," Naomie said as she grabbed Marcus's right arm. The rest of Sierra-one layed down fire for Ryan, Naomie, and there fallen leader to make it inside. As they made it through the door, the rest of Sierra team came in and slammed the door behind them.

"That should hold them until backup arrives," Josson said. Ryan was kneeled at Marcus's side crying his guts out. "I'll tell the General," Naomie said as her hand went for her radio. "No, I'll do it," Ryan said in a weary voice as he stood up," it's what he would want me to do." As Ryan took off his helmet and wiped tears away, he pulled his COMM set out of it and put it to his head. "General, this is First Sergeant Ryan Hash, Marcus is dead, were heavily outnumbered and have pulled back into a building that should hold out, we need to get out of here, Sierra-two out."

Last edited by C/SFC Foley on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

Serves in his local Community Has Achieved Officer Status in the 501st Has Recruited 10 People Served in a clan alliance group.

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Eli examined the data that was feeding into his HUD from Sierra team. "First Sergeant Hash this is General Johnson. I'm looking at the data that you all have been sending me. There's no way we can get an extraction team to you at the moment. the extraction point is a hot zone and no extraction unit would be able to survive that. I need you all to continue lazing targets for us. That's the only way we'll be able to get to you. The thunderchild will continue firing on targets you mark. As soon as we eliminate enough of the targets to be able to extract you we'll do so. I need you and the rest of the team to do what you can for Marcus but I'm not sure if we'll be able to get to you in time."

"Aye Sir! We'll do what we can." Ryan responded.

"All units. I need heavy fire on Sierras team. This is priority over all other objectives. We're not going to be able to pull them out until we've cleared out that area. Based on what I'm seeing it's not going to be an easy task. Let's go." Eli said as he jumped on the side of one of the tanks.
Back to top Go down
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:10 pm

"Naomie, Fergison, stay here, do what you can to help Marcus," Ryan said, his voice still shakey. "I'll do what I can for him Ryan," Naomie said as she went back to working on Marcus's head. "Rest of you with me, the general says we need to keep calling in artillery if we want a ride out of here." Ryan said to the others. As Ryan walked past Marcus he paused, took his sidearm and placed it on Marcus's chest, then reached down and grabbed his heirloom, the Desert Eagle. "Alright let's do this," Ryan ordered the remainder of the squad as he pulled the slide back, chambering a round, then slipped the handgun in his holster.
Back to top Go down
Prototype556
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Prototype556

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:10 am

Code:
Question, is sierra a spartan team, or an odst group?  Just wondering because they used sierra for Spartans, hence the S-117.
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Code:
It's an ODST Group. Keep in mind that even though we're using an ODST theme, this isn't a halo story. ODST's were made famous from the halo storyline but it's not a uniquely halo concept.
Back to top Go down
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 am

Code:
Technically it's a ODST Reconnassaince Team, but it is a ODST specific team, and the name Sierra was the name of my mom, she died in combat.
Back to top Go down
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:07 pm

"STACK UP!!," Ryan yelled as the remainder of Sierra team stacked up on the door leading to hell. Ryan was leading Sierra-one while the remainder of Sierra-team was lead by a young lieutenant named Alex Dresai. "Alex take your team and start lazing targets," Ryan ordered. Even though Ryan was a lower rank than Alex, they still went by Marcus's chain-of-command, effectively putting Ryan in charge with Marcus down. "Sierra-one your with me, were gonna raise seven kinds of hell on the enemy's lines, as soon as we bust through this door kill everything that isn't friendly, understood?" "HOOAH!!," the rest of Sierra responded. "Ok on my mark, three, two, one, mark." As Ryan yelled mark, he kicked in the door and Sierra fanned out weapons firing. As Ryan gunned down three rebels he spotted the perfect position for Sierra-two to start lazing targets," Alex!!! Get your team on top of that building and start calling in fire mission!!" "Yes First Sergeant!, Sierra-two lets move!!" As Alex led Sierra-two to the building, Ryan led his team on a counter strike mission forcing the rebels to retreat down the hill 100 meters. "Position reached, acquiring targets........." "Targets acquired," the fire mission control officer reported. "FIRE!!," Alex yelled. "Firing missile." As the missile was launched from orbit Ryan's team started taking fire from a flanking maneuver coming from their right. "Sierra-one adjust your fire, tangos coming up the right." "Missile impact in ten." As Ryan braced for the impact, a round struck him in his right bicep causing him to quince in pain. "Sure hope the general gets here soon," Ryan says to himself through a wall of pain.
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:14 am

Eli jumped off the tank and immediately started running towards where Ryan and the rest of sierra were standing. His HUD warned him that there was movement to the right. Eli shouldered his rifle and turned. An enemy squad was approaching him. He opened fire. The air was immediately filled with the smell of burning flesh as Eli dropped each of them one by one with a perfectly placed shot to center mass. "Sierra 1 this is 501 Actual. I'm 1/4 of a klick from your position and closing fast. I've got a Platoon of ODST Infantry with me to back you. The rest of the battalion are on their way. We've got armor on scene. They can engage some of the priority 2 targets while the thunderchild focuses on the primary targets. I need you to provide suppressing fire while we make our way to your position. How copy, Over?"

"501 Actual, Sierra 1. Copy. I see you all on HUD. We'll open fire as soon as you all start break from cover to head this way."

"Copy that." Eli Responded "501 Actual Out." Eli broke from cover and began sprinting towards Sierra team. Stopping only to take a shot at an enemy that was in his way. He reached the doorway and rushed in turning to cover the rest of the ODST platoon that was following him.

"General Johnson, Sir. Man am I glad to see you." Ryan said as the rest of the platoon finished filing through the door.
Back to top Go down
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 am

"Where is he?," Eli asked Ryan, with Eli meaning Marcus. "In the other room, come on, I'll show you," Ryan responded in a weary voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4