ODST 501st Airborne Battalion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They Drop Us, To Drop Them!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Attention all 501st members. There are several reforms being made to the over all structure
and operations of the clan. 1Lt Teh Newbz and 2Lt Hoshk are the two officers that will
be taking charge of most of the reformations. Newbz will be focusing on personnel
reform issue such as the way the clan is structured. If you'd like to provide feedback
pass that information up to him. Hoshk is focusing in on operational reforms and has
been tasked with trying to set up a training event, clan match, and a social event each
month. If you have ideas that you'd like to see come up at future events let him
know. These ideas can be training ideas, social ideas, or if you know of a clan that would
be interested in a clan match he's the one to contact.

LtC Skirata2
Commanding Officer

Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)

Go down 
+7
Alpine_gremlin
Yeti330
Target42
Dashi
Hoshk
Teh newbz117
Skirata2
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Prototype556
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Prototype556

Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Code:
who is dagger actual and Dagger one?  Also, I didn't know I was supposed to make a new line for every command. I also wasn't controlling another persons character too much, I literally just switched perspectives to give the story more life.  And do I HAVE to say the full name of the weapon each time?  I just ready ghosts of onyx and they didn't do that.
Back to top Go down
Teh newbz117
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Teh newbz117

No Disciplinary Action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary Action for two consecutive months Has participated in a clan match Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Code:
The biggest thing was the way you portrayed the tanks. If AT was sighted, any tanker in their right mind wouldn't just stop and say 'brace for impact' They'd go evasive. Yeti is Dagger Actual. Actual refers to the commander of the unit in question. For example, if you were commanding First Platoon of Alpha Company, you would refer to yourself as Saber One Actual. (Or Sabre One, if you like. RTO's usually use the generic callsigns.) Everything else is minor changes.
Back to top Go down
Prototype556
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Prototype556

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 1:55 am

Code:
  In my opinion, this is a story the members make.  If AT was 2 seconds away from shooting their rockets, the scorpions wouldn't have time to move.  As I said before, I would appreciate if this was an actual "members change the story and carve it" rather than having people change it to their own view . . .  I also read back and understood that Yeti has been controlling the tank group, so I read the story and noticed no one said they were dagger whatever.
Back to top Go down
Ghost85
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Ghost85

Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 ARMYGOODCONDUCTMEDAL Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 NATIONALDEFENSESERVICEMEDAL Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 ARMEDFORCESEXPEDITIONARYSERVICEMEDAL Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 ARMEDFORCESSERVICEMEDAL Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 NON-COMMISIONEDOFFICERPROFESSIONALDEVELOPMENTMEDAL

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:34 am

Vasily had two contacts aiming a Anti-Tank Laser at his tank. Quickly, Axel shifted his .338 DMR towards the hostiles.

"Wilhelm, hostiles aiming at our tanks. Ranged about 600 yards away," He drew a slow breath.

Simultaneously, they fired a round each, ripping the heads off the hostiles.

Vasily saw the engagement to his right, "Good shots, Dagger Actual. Almost lost a tank"

Axel and Wilhelm shifted there attention to the AT batteries. Axel resumed spotting for Wilhelm, "Four Contacts 850 yards, Left most roof top."

Wilhelm fired four rounds, all center mass kills.

"Kills confirmed, Two more contacts, roof top to the right, 870 yards."

Wilhelm fired another round, both targets were lined up, and dropped by the same shot.

Axel saw two targets about 400 yards away; he fired and dropped both. "Saber Actual, you are cleared to move up, proceed with caution over."
Back to top Go down
Alpine_gremlin
Major
Major
Alpine_gremlin

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Code:
There were several things wrong with your portrayal, Proto. The biggest mistake being the fact that it was agreed upon earlier that Vasily`s tanks were to stay out of harms way until the AT threats were neutralized by Newbz`s infantry and the sharpshooters. I know it wasn`t intentional, but you ended up making Vasily look like an idiot, especially with the fact that no evasive action was even considered. That`s what Newbz was referring to when he said "controlling other characters". Also, Yeti has not been controlling the tanks. Bravo company is my character`s (Vasily`s) company. Yeti`s Wilhelm is the commander of Dagger, so Liz would fall under his command. We`re not upset, just making sure that we clarify what has been happening in the story thus far.
Back to top Go down
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in 3 clan matches Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Constantly is volunteering to do work for the clan and it's members. Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Code:
Ghost and I both agree that you're down playing every other persons character by being a spartan and walking in like you already own the place. And again it never siad in the story that I was in charge of Tanks. And could you explain/describe your prototype sniper rifle. Standard issue sniper rifle is the MSR-60 and if anyone were to get a prototype sniper rifle it would be the CO of the company i.e. me. Just please try to make some relevant changes and posts. I appretiate the enthusiasm but your are making it look like everyone else is a dumb ass. Also only 2/4 sniper trainies made it so you would most likely be a designated marksman for a squad not a rogue sniper. I also just realized that you didn't even read the character bios. They aren't using scorpian tanks if you would take the time to look at Gremlins character bio you would see what type of tank they are using.
Back to top Go down
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in 3 clan matches Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Constantly is volunteering to do work for the clan and it's members. Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:48 pm

"Okay Ghost lets get moving we have to get to the next observation post and get the layout of the place before everyone else gets there." Wilhelm looked at the map on his HUD. "Okay Ghost we have a 8 mile hike to the next position."

"Wilhelm you do know that the tanks have a mongoose on the back of them." Ghost commented

"Oh really?! Well then I geuss we will have to bug Vasily for one." Wilhelm replied." Lance Actual this is Dagger Actual requesting the drop off of a mongoose."

"Dagger Actual this is Lance Actual where do you want it?" Vasily replied.

"At the base of the mountain to your East."

"Roger that Lance Actual out."

"Well Ghost you ready for some repelling?" Wilhelm asked.

"I should be asking you that Wilhelm." Ghost replied.

Wilhelm and Ghost began their descent down the mountain. Once they reached the base they embarked the Mongoose and sped off to the next observation post 8 miles away going 50 mph. Seven minutes later Ghost and Wilhelm arrived at the observation post and set up their area. Wilhelm and Ghost both started scetching the area in their D.O.P.E. pads.

"Okay Ghost the main complex is 700 yards away with a constant wind shift of 20 mph from our 3 o'clock at the 400 yard mark and a 29mph wind shift from our 10 o'clock at the 600 yard mark. There are seven total buildings it looks like there are a total of 6 ATGM's, we are gonna have to knock those out about three minutes before the main battle force shows up. With a total of 50+ personal all carrying small arms with the except of a few light anti-tank weapons." Wilhelm told Ghost.

Back to top Go down
Teh newbz117
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Teh newbz117

No Disciplinary Action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary Action for two consecutive months Has participated in a clan match Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:57 pm

"Dagger One, this is Saber Actual. Many thanks, we're hitting the northern end of the town now, Saber Actual out.", Captain Turner closed the channel and focused on the task at hand.

"First and Second platoon, dismount. Saber Two, stack up on the north wall of the single-story building on the far right!. Saber One, cover em'.", Nathan directed his teams over UNICOM.

Nathan also dismounted, running fifty meters to the front of Lance 1-1 and diving down.

'Here comes the fun part...' he thought.

Urban environments were where all technological advantages were leveraged. Discipline and reflex were king. This town in particular seemed to be very grid-like, with every building taking up a certain amount of space, making it easier to clear the town 'row-by-row'.

Turner studied the construction of the buildings before him. They looked to be constructed of thin oak wood. Thin enough for thermals.

"Lance One, this is Saber Actual. I need some thermals on the building to the far right. Over."

"Saber Actual, this is Lance Actual, I see only one target. Looks to be at low alert. Over.", Vasily reported.

"Lance Actual, request temporary OPCON to Lance 1-2, over.", Nathan said carefully.

"This is Lance Actual........ Lance 1-2 is yours. Bring it back with a full tank. Lance Actual out.' Vasily finished.

"Saber Two, this is Saber Actual. Prepare to breach from the left-side wall, over.", Nathan relayed.

"Saber Actual, this is Saber Two Actual. Uhh, sir... there's no entrance there. Over." Lieutenant Patterson said, confused.

"Saber Two Actual, trust me, there will be. Actual out.", Captain Turner closed the channel with a slight smile.

He saw that Patterson indeed was preparing 2-1 Alpha to breach.

Nathan went to his TACPAD and patched his UNICOM to Lance 1-2's vehicle net.

"GUNNER! Far right building, first floor, lasing now!", Turner flipped on the infared laser in his helmet and looked at the soon-to be leveled wall.

"IDENTIFIED! AP LOADED!", said Lance 1-2's gunner.

"FIRE!"

The sound of a 120mm plasma smoothbore could be comparable to the sound of a giant punching an impregnable steel wall. The sound was surprisingly quiet, but still manages to scare the hell out of you.

The AP round went straight through the building at an angle. Fortunately, the shell sailed out to the far-right side of the town. Otherwise, it might have brought down a couple buildings.

Two-One Alpha had obviously noticed the five-foot wide hole in the building now, as they had made their way inside, and began to clear the building.

He waited a couple seconds for Two-One Alpha's status to work its way up the chain.

"Sir, Saber Two here. We've cleared the building, but One-Alpha says there's something you gotta see inside. Out.", Second Platoon's RTO closed abruptly.

Nathan thought as he cautiously made his way into the far-right building of the first 'row' of the town.

'Great. We've barely cleared the first building, and we're already getting curveballs thrown at us.'

Nathan had barely entered the building before a Second Platoon team leader motioned him over to the large room that the AP round had breached.

"So, what seems to be the... Oh no..."

The team leader was standing over a zapped 'target'. The 'target' was unarmed.

"Sir, we had no idea there would be..."

"Save it, Sergeant. It wasn't your fault, it was mine..."
Back to top Go down
Prototype556
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Prototype556

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 2:20 am

Code:
 sorry, I misread the story. Also, I didn't say I was a spartan. I kinda messed things up a little bit, sorry. I'll just die off. Again, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

Serves in his local Community Has Achieved Officer Status in the 501st Has Recruited 10 People Served in a clan alliance group.

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 4:21 am

What many of the trainees didn't realize is that Eli had dropped into the training simulation shortly after he gave the mission go. He had snuck his way into the 3rd platoon of alpha. He had secretly assigned one of the training sergeants to the platoon on initial drop and switched with him after he had entered the field. His armor was picking up all radio traffic because he was still Capone Actual, however, his device was signally to the others that he was Saber 3-9. He had also removed the stars from his armor to hide his rank from the others.

He had over heard the radio traffic from the entry team and he decided it was time to see what was going on. "Saber Actual, Saber Actual this is Capone Actual, Over." Eli said over the comm.

"Capone Actual this is Saber Actual, Send your traffic over." Nathan said then cursing himself afterwords. "He couldn't have called at a worse time" he said to himself.

"I overheard the last comm traffic. Sitrep, over." Eli demanded as he broke away from the platoon and started walking into the building.

"Sir, we made a slight mistake. We thought we had a target in a building and it turns out that it was an unarmed subject. Possibly civilian. We failed to identify the target before engaging. Over." At this point Nathan noticed that Eli had entered the building. "Soldier what are you doing in here? Did you receive permission to break away from your platoon?" He demanded.

Eli thought it was about time he let everyone know that he was on the battlefield. Eli hit the vacuum seal that kept the helmet the armor air tight and remove his helmet. "No. I don't particularly need permission." He said.

"General Johnson! Sorry sir. I.. I Didn't realize that you were in the field, sir." Nathan said.

"Don't be sorry, Lieutenant. You're doing good. Let's make sure to identify targets before engaging next time. We don't have time to sit around and worry about what we should have done right now. Let's get back to the task at hand." Eli instructed.

"Aye Sir!" Nathan chimed as Eli put his helmet back on. With a couple blinks Eli had changed his unit id information to his actual info.

"Ok Alpha let's move to the next building." Nathan ordered.
Back to top Go down
https://501st.forumotion.net
Target42
Private
Private
Target42

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Code:
Newbz don't forget Philip as head of Echo Co. Call sign Cobra

Philip stood alone distressed. He thought of his friend Jacob. Philip knew it was his fault. He pictured Jacob's dying breath. Philip remembered it was his stupidity that got Jacob Killed. That was when he snapped back into focus. He had made a tactical mistake and lost his whole squad. Now he was alone in a dark hallway. "BOO!" yelled aloud voice. Philip darted around to see Eli. "What happened to Echo?" he asked.
"I led them into a trap a fool could notice" Philip explained.
"Well then, you saved yourself but no one else?"
"No one else made it out save me".
Eli then just walked away. Philip wondered how Eli was always around then shrugged. He saw targets near he end of the hall....
Back to top Go down
Teh newbz117
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Teh newbz117

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Code:
Umm... how does this connect to the rest of the story? What's the point of a fifth company, and since when is our battalion so huge it NEEDS five? And, for that matter, how does a Corporal lead an entire company anyway?
Back to top Go down
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

Serves in his local community

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:48 pm

Back at base Eli was about to get a new trainer. Sergeant Major Marcus Butler was just stepping off of a pelican when it dawned on him that the base was deserted. "The base is on a battalion wide training exercise Sergeant Major, they won't be back for a couple of more hours, you can head out and join them if you'd like," a Chief Warrant told him. "Thanks Chief, but I think I will just stick around until they get back thou."

As Marcus walked through the base to the instructors quarters, the few people who were left at the base were sneaking glances of him. He wasn't sure if it was the BR85 slung across his back, or the rank on his chest, either way he knew he got the message out quick.

Finally a young Lieutenant had the guts to stop Marcus, "Excuse me Sergeant Major, but are you 'the' Sergeant Major Marcus Butler, the one who was awarded the Medal of Honor three times." "Yep, why have you heard of me." "I've heard rumors that you were coming here but I didn't believe them." "We'll do you believe them now," Marcus asked. "Yeah, I do now," the Lieutenant said as he left Marcus to continue to the instructors quarters.

Upon entering the instructors quarters he found a empty bunk, plopped his stuff down and stowed it under his bed. Heading to a weapons locker he unslung his BR85 and unholstered his family heirloom, a Desert Eagle .50cal Action Express, placing them both in the locker. After checking that the locker was firmly shut and secured he headed back to his bunk and pulled out a pen and a paper and sat down to write an old fashioned letter to his parents back home.

"Dear mom and dad, I just arrived at base, it's nothing special just a ODST training facility. I can't say exactly where I am but its in Nevada so I should be able to get a few days leave to come up and stop by. Sincerely yours, Marcus."

As Marcus got done writing his letter to his parents, he folded it and slipped it into a slot on his armor for mailing. After thinking of what the battalion might be like, he closed his eyes and promptly fell asleep.

24 years earlier
July 27, 3559
Private First Class Marcus Butler
Delta-one, 22nd Force Recon
0800 hours

As Delta-one came up to their objective, a large apartment building, Private First Class Marcus Butler was as nervous as nervous came. "Stop worrying, you will be fine," Staff Sergeant Andrews said to his squads newest member. "I know I will be fine, I'm just......nervous." "We all are on our first breach and clear," Andrews said then turning to Corporal Drew,"Drew plant a charge on the door." As Drew planted a charge on the door, Marcus's trigger finger slipped into the trigger guard on his BR85. "Charge planted," Drew yelled a he took refuge back behind Marcus's. "Alright do it," Andrews said to Drew. A split second later the charge blew the door and Marcus found himself thru the door expecting gunfire.

As Marcus filed into the room he scanned the immediate area for rebels just as Drew yelled "Clear." "Clear," Marcus yelled as well. "Room cleared move procced to the next," Andrews ordered his squad. As Marcus moved to the next room, a rebel came out from behind cover, tackled Marcus, knocking his rifle astray, and threw him onto his back.

Weapon less and unable to reach his knife, Marcus went for his next best option. His hand fell to his sidearm, unholstered it, an jammed it into the jaw of the rebel, and pulled the trigger.

*Present day*

As Marcus woke up with a startle he could still her the gunshot from the dream. Marcus got up from his bunk, went over to his weapon locker and pulled out his Desert Eagle, the same sidearm from the raid. This cold, black piece of metal had been in his family for over 1,600 years. It has seen many owners and just as much blood. This weapon was both a honor to have and a great burden that now rests in the hands of Marcus.

Last edited by C/SFC Foley on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

Serves in his local Community Has Achieved Officer Status in the 501st Has Recruited 10 People Served in a clan alliance group.

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 am

After several hours the Field training exercise had come to a close and all the troops had returned to their barracks. Tomorrow would be the all of the trainees graduation from basic ODST training. They'd all finally be ready to be able to deploy as a unit. Eli removed his armor and weapons and stowed them away and began to pack all of his gear. The following day would be the last day he'd be on the training base. After the graduation he'd be heading towards the USS Thunderchild a Orbital Super Carrier. This would be the ship that the majority of the ODST trainees from this training battalion would be stationed on. The trainees would be reporting to the ship after a week of well deserved leave. Eli prepared his Service Dress Uniform making sure that every detail was perfect and then went straight to the bed.

*The following Morning*

Eli awoke with a start and donned his dress uniform and proceeded down to the parade grounds. After the conclusion of the pass and review. Eli stood to give his final words to the graduates. "Well guys. You all have finally completed the most rigorous and most effective special ops training this world has to offer. You all now comprise the first full battalion of ODSTs you will all be assigned to my personal unit the 501st Drop Shock Battalion. You all will be given a weeks leave and will report to the USS Thunderchild when your leave conclu...." The general was interrupted by one of the Captains that manned the comm room for the base. He saluted the general and said something that none of the graduates could here. "There's been a change of plans. I'm sorry I have to do this to you. All leave is being cancelled. Once you've been dismissed you'll all go grab your armor and weapons and report directly to the Thunderchild. We've received a report that there's been a massive uprising in the several of the colonies on Mars. At this time the local military has things under control but the situation is escalating quickly and they don't know how much longer the conventional military can continue to hold out. They expect that ODST support will be needed. We'll be deploying to the area and will stand by until needed. Dismissed!"

Eli ran full tilt to his quarters and grabbed his luggage and armor and weapons and hopped in the passenger seat of the vehicle closest to his quarters and had the driver take him to the carrier. He started up the ramp and went by his new quarters on ship. He quickly changed into his fatigues and went to the war room to be briefed on the situation.

Back to top Go down
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Already in the war room, Marcus was having a private conversation with his old unit, Sierra-one. "Marcus all I can tell you is as much as you already know now, but if I did know anything else I would've told you already," Ryan Hash says, Marcus's childhood friend and former team mate. "Ok Ryan thanks, keep me posted on any info you hear." As Marcus finished his conversation General Eli walked in. "General," Marcus said as he saluted Eli. "Marcus? Wasn't expecting to see you again," Eli said in a suprised voice. "Well I guess faith has thrown us together again, huh," Marcus responded to the surprised Eli. As Eli walked off Marcus had a few minutes to think to him self.

24 years earlier
July 27, 3559
Private First Class Marcus Butler
Delta-one, 22nd Force Recon
0810 hours

As Marcus pushed the dead rebel off of him it dawned on him just how much damage his Desert Eagle could do. "Damn, he's missing half his head, Marcus said surprised. "Yeah that large of a caliber will do that to a head at point blank," Drew said offering a hand up to Marcus. As Marcus got up he wiped the blood and flesh from his face. "First person I've killed to." "Was it hard to do that." "No it was surprisingly easy." "Yeah that's the scary part, you do it once an you want to do it again."

*Present day*

As Marcus came to his senses he got up and went to Eli. "Sir I will meet you on the Thunderchild, I got something to do." "Marcus what's wrong," Eli asked. "Nothing, just......I forgot something."

Last edited by C/SFC Foley on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Wilhelm rushed off to his locker, where he marshaled up his weapons, body armor, and various pieces of equipment. He then proceeded to run to the loading docks for the Thunderchild. After he got on the Thunderchild and unloaded his stuff in his cell, he started looking for Axel. First he checked Axel's cell and didn't find him, he then thought.

"Okay you sly S.O.B. I'm pretty sure I know where you are... the hanger."

Wilhelm made his way to the hanger passing the ODST's that came after him. Just as he came around the corner he heard a strange noise coming from one of the pelicans.
Back to top Go down
Teh newbz117
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Teh newbz117

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:14 am

Meanwhile, Captain Nathan Turner had already crossed a few items off of his gear wishlist. The Thunderchild had a far superior armory compared to the Fallujah, and he never passed up free ammo.

Turner read off his shopping list.

"Thermobaric shells... check... Flare and signalling shells... check... High-explosive rifled slugs..."

A voice came over his right shoulder.

"Sir?..."

Turner wheeled around.

"Yes, Gunny?"

Gunnery Sergeant James Patterson was Nathan's executive officer. Gunny didn't consult Nathan often, so he listened intently...

"When's the warning order for this OP gonna be issued? All the platoon leaders are waiting on it."

"Gunny, we aren't even sure this is gonna get greenlighted. Let's not get all hyped up for..."

The overhead loudspeaker blared.

"GENERAL QUARTERS, GENERAL QUARTERS, GENERAL QUARTERS! ALL HANDS, MAN YOUR BATTLESTATIONS! GENERAL QUARTERS..."

Nathan and his XO dropped their conversation and ran straight to the armory.

Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:59 pm

All the ODSTs rushed to their drop pods. Eli jumped inside his pod and and put his helmet on. He then activate an open channel to the entire battalion. "Ok everyone. This is the moment everyone's been waiting for. The military has been over run and the rebels now hold several key points. The first area we've got to take is the colonial government building. The rebels are holding several VIP hostages. Our job is to the building and provide a hot extraction for the hostages. The second target is the strong hold. They've got a brigade of soldier holding the area. It's important that we take out the communications tower before we engage the other targets. We need to have units standing by to engage the other targets as soon as the communications network goes down. All other targets will be given to us as they become known." Eli hit the launch button on his pod. "DROP!"

Back to top Go down
Hoshk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Hoshk

Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 am

Matt hit the launch button. There was a huge jolt, and he then felt extremely pressurised. He saw Mars curve in front of him, he was pretty damn high. There was a crackle on the comm screen, and a pilot showed up. Matt was confused, what pilots knew about his pod channel?

"Hey there, how you doing?" Said a voice.
Matt chuckled under his breath. "Kyle", he said.
"So, you having fun?" Kyle asked.
"Now isn't the best time." Matt groaned.
"Oh, that's right. I forgot. You're shaking of immense G-Forces, while I'm sitting here comfortably in my pelican."
"Enough jokes, Kyle".
"Alright, I'll be quiet. But remember, you need any help down there, just let me know."
"I'm sure we'll be fine."
"Alright then, just trying to help. Trident out."

The screen went black, and the g-forces increased as they approached the drop zone.

"20 seconds to impact" said the pod's computer drive.
"10 seconds to impact"
"5...4...3...2...1..."

The pod hit the ground hard, even with the wind flaps slowing it down. Matt's body went numb, his ears rang and his vision went blurry. After a few moments, the effects started to clear, and he saw ODST's on the red dirt in front of him. One ran by the pod, and banged on it hard. "Hey, you alive in there?" The soldier's voice was muffled. Matt got his head together, and hit the 3 door release buttons. The door burst off the pod. He unclipped his harness, and took his weapons. An E-32 SMG and a standard issue P29 Semi Pistol. He took a couple of frag grenades and some spare clips with him. He then left the pod, and regrouped with his platoon.

He met up with the other ODST's, all of them facing the general.

"Remember, the first objective is the government building. We need to rescue those hostages, silent and swift. Think you guys can handle that?" Eli said.

"Yes sir!" The entire platoon shouted.

"That's good to hear. Let's get moving."

Eli began walking, and everyone followed, ready for anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HoshkyLlama?feature=mhee
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:53 pm

"Thunderchild! Thunderchild! This is 501 Actual. All units are in position. Take out the comm tower." Eli raised his M350 ready to storm the compound. He heard a large whining noise and loud bang showed him that the EMP had taken out the Comm relay. His HUD flickered for a second then went back to normal.

"FLASH OUT!" one of the troopers yelled. Another bang and Eli rounded the corner. There were two targets. Eli fired. The plasma rounds struck the targets square in the chest and they dropped to the ground. Eli did a double blink at his HUD to make sure that no sound would be audible from outside his helmet. He enable the comm and instructed the rest of the team to do the same. The room went black. With another set of blinks he enable the night vision mode on his helmet. Another target appeared. Matt quickly dropped the target as Eli rounded the next corner.

"Open door right. Entry team 1 take it. Eli said as he passed the door." And acknowledgement came through the radio. Another round of weapons fire and the room was cleared. "Open door left! Team two take it." The team entered but no one was there. "Closed door left." Eli said still making his way towards the main office. "He heard the team kick in the door and was suddenly thrown to the floor following a a loud bang. Ears ringing Eli turned a stormed the room.

"Man down!" Matt yelled as Eli finished clearing the first room. "Team one get him out of here. Call for a Casevac and get him back to the carrier."

Back to top Go down
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 6:07 pm

On board the "Light of Annwn" Marcus was strapped in his drop pod along with the rest of Sierra-one, his old recon unit. As his pod counted down the time to drop Marcus opened the COM to his squad. "All right Sierra we are dropping in hard, time to grow a pair," Marcus said as he hit his release button and a second later eight other pods followed him.

On the ride down Ryan aske for the objective. "We are gonna be taking out the overall main COMM relay, taking it down will cripple all nonmilitary communications on Mars so the General and his battalion don't have to take down the lesser relays one at a time." "And after that?," Master Sergeant Rick Josson asked, Sierra-three. "After that we will link up with General Eli and assist in the push to take the town, oo-rah?" "Oo-rah!" The eight other members of Sierra-one said.

"Prepare to adjust trajectory on my mark........Mark," Marcus said pushing his thrusters in the direction that the squad needed to go. "We're reaching the maximum height, stabilize then pop your chutes." As Marcus popped his chute he was jolted to death, but the worse came when the last second rockets came to life just seconds before the pod slammed into the ground.

As Marcus's pod door popped off he brought his BR-85 to bear and dropped a rebel in front of him. "Move, get to the hill, GO,GO,GO!!!" As Sierra-one took off they unleashed bullets down range dropping rebels as they ran full speed. Taking cover at the base of the hill Marcus ordered the squad into two teams giving Ryan command of the second team. "Breach and clear at the back we will move to the front," Marcus said to Ryan. As Sierra-two moved on, Sierra Actual and his team moved on to the front. "Josson, plant a charge on the door." As Josson planted a charge on the door, Sierra-two reported that they were ready to breach. "Ok breaching in 3,2,1, go."

Last edited by C/SFC Foley on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Eli and the infantry teams made it to the main room where intel had confirmed that the diplomats were. He had one team that would be breaching in through the windows. Eli was stacked up at the door. The team going through the window would be throwing in the flash bangs. Eli awaited the hearing the all to familiar noise of flash bangs going off. There it was. Eli kicked in the door and rushed the room. The first rebel attempted to raise his pistol. He was to late Eli had already placed a perfectly aimed double tap into the his chest. With two blinks he quickly switched his audio to loud speaker on his helmet and began ordering the others to drop their weapons and hit the deck face down. The rebels complied. "Trident 1 Trident1! This is 501 Actual. We've secured the hostages. We've also captured three tangos. We'll be en route to LZ 1 Alpha. Meet us their and prepare for a hot extraction."

"501 Actual this is Trident 1. Copy last. Wilco."

"501 Actual this is Dagger Actual. I'm in position to be able to cover your six on the way to the extraction point. Just let me know when you're coming out."

"Copy Wilco!" Eli replied.

Back to top Go down
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:14 am

As Marcus burst through the door a rebel charged him with a knife in his hand. Marcus slammed the butt of his rifle into his head, killing him instantly. Josson's MA5T(6) fired next to Marcus and dropped a rebel. "Room clear, Sierra-two how's your heading?" "Five contacts down, continuing to clear the first floor." "Understood, Sierra-one up those stairs. MOVE." As Sierra-one moved up to the second floor, Sierra-two continued to clear the first floor. The second floor was mostly clear save a lone rebel technician armed with only a sidearm. "Second floor clear, Sierra-one moving to third floor, over." "Sierra-two has first floor clear standing by until needed." "Ok Ryan, make sure no one comes up behind us." As Sierra-one stacked up on the server room, Marcus could hear movement behind the door. "There's tangos inside be ready," Marcus said then turning to Josson," Josson, get a charge on that door." As Josson planted a charge on the door, Marcus swapped mags and prepared to breach the server room."Charge planted." "Do it Josson." As the door blowed open Marcus charged in and felt a sharp pain in his right shoulder.

Marcus rolled to the side and kneeled down and fired two burst taking down two rebels. Josson's and the rest of the teams MA5T(6)'s fired, taking down the rest of the targets in the room. "Room clear," Josson yelled, as Marcus begun to feel a burning pain in his right shoulder now.

Last edited by C/SFC Foley on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alpine_gremlin
Major
Major
Alpine_gremlin

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Vasily was standing out of the commander`s cupola on his Marauder whilst scanning the extraction point. Their tanks` pods had landed a half-mile west of the city in which the hostages were being held.

"I`m not picking up any hostile signatures" he radioed to his company. "Looks like they were no match for those fellas after all."

"I feel like we`re gonna be here a while...mind if I power off the engine? We`re wasting hydrogen..." Rodeschild stated.

"Negative!" replied Vasily, "If we need to move, it`ll waste time"

"The infantry is having all the fun!" one of the privates of the company stated impatiently.

"Let them have it, son. I`d rather not drive around in a city if I don`t have to" rebuttled Vasily.

Just then his thermal binoculars lit up with heat signatures. They weren`t friendly.

"Holy shit..." Vasily blurted out.

"What is it, Sir?" asked Gunnery Sergeant Nicholson, the commander of 2nd platoon.

“Looks like those rebel bastards aren`t finished yet! That looks like one hell of a counter-attack.”

Vasily could see dozens of enemy tanks including infantry and anti-air support. A few ground attack aircraft accompanied them. It was an entire mechanized battalion.

“501 Actual! This is Lance Actual. We have a problem” Vasily reported to Eli.

“What is it, Lance Actual?” asked Eli.

“Sir I count multiple hostiles converging on your LZ. Looks to be battalion strength. Friendly air units be advised, they do possess triple A capability. Sir, requesting permission to engage”

“Granted” Eli replied, “I`ll get you boys some air and infantry support as well”

Vasily assigned each tank in his company a target.

“Prioritize enemy armor and triple A! Range: 1000 meters. Once your assigned target has been engaged, you may engage at will!” Vasily shouted to his men., “On my mark. MARK!”

With that all of his tanks opened fire, their 120mm plasma cannons rocking the ground beneath them. Vasily could see all the designated targets go up in flames. With that, his tanks, in their hull-down position on the hill were going to have a field day. One company of ODST Marauders versus an entire mechanized battalion? Seemed fair enough.

“Identify! Rebel T-205 tank!” Vasily shouted to Dima.

“Target acquired!” shouted Dima.

“FIRE!!” Vasily roared.

The tank was hit in the engine, the fire quickly spread throughout the crew compartments. Vasily could see the men try to escape their steel coffin as they dropped to the ground engulfed in flames.

“Those rebel tin cans sure burn up nice and pretty don`t they?” joked Nicholson

“Keep focused” said Vasily.

The remaining rebel tanks and anti-air vehicles attempted to regroup. They returned fire on Vasily`s location, but could not hit them. One enemy shell ricocheted harmlessly off of the thick turret armor on Vasily`s tank. They returned the favor with a plasma SABOT that ripped through the side of the turret, hitting the ammunition rack and ripping the turret clean off.

Just then, the enemy ground attack aircraft began to prepare a strafing run on their position.

“All tanks! Switch to your 25mm auto-cannons! Enemy aircraft coming in low! Get ready!” Vasily yelled.

Last edited by Alpine_gremlin on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
C/SFC Foley
Recruit/Civilian
C/SFC Foley

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:53 pm

As Josson said the room was clear Marcus reached up to his shoulder and inserted his hand between his armor and skin, it came back warm. "Shit," Marcus said under his breath. "Marcus, you ok?," Ryan asked. "Yeah, I'm fine, lets just get this COMM tower down." As Marcus slid his pack off him he called the squad over to him," here take two each,"Marcus said as he handed out C-9,"plant it on points of interest then lets get the hell out of here." As Sierra-one planted the charges, Marcus ordered Sierra-two outside and to find cover. "Alright men lets go," Marcus yelled as they ran full tilt for the exit.

As Sierra-one made it outside and regrouped with Sierra-two, Marcus detonated the charges sending the COMM tower toppling in on itself. "Probably be a good idea to send a report to Eli," Marcus said, " General, overall COMM's relay has been neutralized, Sierra-one is standing by at the moment, however we will go wherever you need us, Sierra Actual out." Just then Vasily's voice came over the radio chatter," This is Lance Actual to "Thunderchild" we are engaging enemy targets now, over and out." "That's the tank company," Josson stated. "I know," Marcus said back," that means the rebels have some firepower backing them." "So we just gonna stay here," Niamoe said, Sierra-six. "Yes, we stay until Eli gives us orders to move." "When will that be?" "How the hell should I know."

Last edited by C/SFC Foley on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)   Interactive Story Thread (It Begins) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interactive Story Thread (It Begins)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next