ODST 501st Airborne Battalion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They Drop Us, To Drop Them!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Attention all 501st members. There are several reforms being made to the over all structure
and operations of the clan. 1Lt Teh Newbz and 2Lt Hoshk are the two officers that will
be taking charge of most of the reformations. Newbz will be focusing on personnel
reform issue such as the way the clan is structured. If you'd like to provide feedback
pass that information up to him. Hoshk is focusing in on operational reforms and has
been tasked with trying to set up a training event, clan match, and a social event each
month. If you have ideas that you'd like to see come up at future events let him
know. These ideas can be training ideas, social ideas, or if you know of a clan that would
be interested in a clan match he's the one to contact.

LtC Skirata2
Commanding Officer

Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dashi
Sergeant
Sergeant
Dashi

Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.) Empty
PostSubject: Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.)   Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:44 am

I have decided not to write "Viscera", However, I've been squandering myself in the Mass Effect Storyline and the History of it. Now being that Quarians are my favourite race in the Mass Effect series and by far the most enigmatic in my opinion, I have decided to create my own Quarian and a story for her. The story centers around Fordan 'Darna nar Idenna vas Alerei (Fordan 'Darna, Child of the Idenna, Crew of the Alerei. Just for you guys that don't know.), A Young Quarian adult just beginning her pilgrimage. Fordan is a curious Quarian and she is no fool when it comes to working with technology and engineering. However she is also enigmatic, Keeping many things only to herself and a close knit band of allies.

I will update this a bit more later today when I have the time. But right now I don't sadly. Also, Using Photobucket I was able to modify images of Tali 'Zorah also from Mass Effect to demonstrate the colours of Fordan's environmental suit. Here they are for those curious:

[NOTE LIGHTING DIFFERENCES AND SMALL FLAWS IN THE COLOUR MODIFICATIONS.]

"A Quarian's Life." - Prologue:
I stared at the dark roof of my room on the Idenna. Cramped, Dark and with little places to store what stuff I'd held onto from my early childhood. But it wasn't too bad. Atleast I had the room to myself unlike anyone else on the ship. My father died with the 4th Quarian Marines platoon when they went to scout the planet Haelstrom for the Geth a few years back; and my mother died long before that. Lucky for me I won't be stuck here forever, In but a few weeks I'll be leaving on my pilgrimage. I'll actually get to see planets like Illium, Or Eden Prime. Maybe I'd even get to see the Citadel. Then again, Many people don't like us quarians. Ever since we created the Geth three centuries ago and were exiled from the homeworld, We've never been taken kindly to by all the other species in the galaxy. I mean, An old childhood friend of mine who left on his pilgrimage early, Korn, Was killed by Batarian slavers attacking a human colony. And the humans didn't even care that he died.

Then again, Most of my childhood friends have been killed already. Maybe I'm actually lucky that I haven't been sent off yet. But still, Life can be lonely now that they're all gone. The only other quarian I could call a friend is Captain Var'lupa; and I mean we rarely speak to each other because he's usually doing his job keeping guard from any ships returning to the Idenna. Keelah, That must be boring to do. But it's better than sitting in this room for hours staring at the ceiling with nothing to do.

"A Quarian's Life." - Part 1:
Captain Var'lupa came to my door just earlier today, Saying that I had to meet him in the main hall in a few hours. I intend to find out why he wanted me to see him later. But for now all I have to do is wait. An hour passed and I found myself so eager to go that I was almost jumping out of my suit.I couldn't sit still. I sat for most of the time staring at an old artifact that I had been given from my father, Passed on through generation. The artifact was nothing but a glass of soil from the homeworld. But even such a thing intrigued me. Would we ever get back to Rannoch? Who knows.

The last hour passed by and I was already sprinting to the main hall... Well not literally. The halls were too crowded with supplies and other quarians. But more and more people left the ship on their pilgrimages every week and so it won't always be entirely crowded.

(Listen to this for the next part: Mass Effect 3 OST)

I found Captain Var'lupa standing there with two other officers with his back facing me. As I approached, I noticed the hand of one of the officer standing by him point at me and he turned to face me. But his hands were behind his back, Hiding something maybe? As I stood in front of him, He just nodded to his officers and the two of them walked away. "Fordan 'Darna. The Captain of the Idenna has decided it is now time for you to leave on your pilgrimage." Said Var'lupa. I stood their as frozen as a varren on Noveria. "I hereby present you with a M-8 Avenger salvaged by a recovery team after we passed through the Hades Gamma cluster a few weeks ago. It's got some thermal clips but otherwise you'll have to find your own. As well, I personally am giving you 5000 Credits and some spare medi-gel. Your father would be proud of your Fordan." He continued. Despite the glistening red of his mask covering his face as with every other quarian, I could tell that he was smiling. "You leave tomorrow." He ended. I looked down at the M-8 He had given me. It was in a good condition, Although not perfect. I just looked up at him. "Thank you." I whispered, Before I returned to my quarters.

"A Quarian's Life." - Part 2:
Morning came, Although that could only be recognized by the vast amount of other quarians waking up and the ringing of multiple salvaged alarm clocks. I'd been up most of the night and must've went over my suit over a hundred times. I really should have went to sleep a bit more but I was too eager to get off this ship and explore the vast galaxy outside of the Flotilla. I'd already patched up some problems I'd found on the M-8, Including one which could cause the thermal clip to launch out through a small hole; both tearing that hole apart and launching into the abdomen of whoever was unfortunate to have it when that happened. But it should work perfectly fine now for a good few months until I am able to get another gun. That is, If I ever did. Some others have even been so kind to drop off "leaving gifts" , Although compared to the number of quarians on the Idenna it's a minuscule of the amount. But it's not like it doesn't mean anything to me. I thank those that decided to do it. With the gifts, I got some spare thermal clips, Another protective visor if mine were to break and some other items that would help outside of the safety of the Flotilla.

Last edited by Fordan on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hoshk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Hoshk

Has become an officer in the clan

Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.)   Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:25 am

I'm not a fan of Mass Effect, but I'll listen to just about any science fiction story.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HoshkyLlama?feature=mhee
Dashi
Sergeant
Sergeant
Dashi

PostSubject: Re: Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.)   Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Hoshk wrote:
I'm not a fan of Mass Effect, but I'll listen to just about any science fiction story.

I myself love Mass Effect. Great game IMO. I'll get to writing a somewhat... prologue, Later today. Had a problem on Saturday afternoon and I was unable to write.
Back to top Go down
Hoshk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Hoshk

PostSubject: Re: Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.)   Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:07 am

I tried the first game, but didn't like it very much.
Back to top Go down
Dashi
Sergeant
Sergeant
Dashi

PostSubject: Re: Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.)   Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:01 pm

[quote="Hoshk"]I tried the first game, but didn't like it very much.[/quote

First game was the easiest in many ways being that you got infinite ammo, However your guns overheated. Second is basically the best. Third is really good but certain parts didn't impress me.
Back to top Go down
Hoshk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Hoshk

PostSubject: Re: Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.)   Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 am

I might give number 3 a shot when it's cheaper, but I'm not pulling out $100 for a game I could very possibly not enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Dashi
Sergeant
Sergeant
Dashi

PostSubject: Re: Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.)   Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:11 am

Haven't wrote a bit in a while. I'll get to it probably later. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.)   Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story: "A Quarian's Life." (BASED OFF OF THE MASS EFFECT SERIES. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT RELATE ENTIRELY TO THE STORYLINE.)
Page 1 of 1