ODST 501st Airborne Battalion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They Drop Us, To Drop Them!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Attention all 501st members. There are several reforms being made to the over all structure
and operations of the clan. 1Lt Teh Newbz and 2Lt Hoshk are the two officers that will
be taking charge of most of the reformations. Newbz will be focusing on personnel
reform issue such as the way the clan is structured. If you'd like to provide feedback
pass that information up to him. Hoshk is focusing in on operational reforms and has
been tasked with trying to set up a training event, clan match, and a social event each
month. If you have ideas that you'd like to see come up at future events let him
know. These ideas can be training ideas, social ideas, or if you know of a clan that would
be interested in a clan match he's the one to contact.

LtC Skirata2
Commanding Officer

Hunter squad.

Go down 
5 posters

what does everyone think?
Pretty Good
Hunter squad. I_vote_lcap50%Hunter squad. I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Could use improvement.
Hunter squad. I_vote_lcap50%Hunter squad. I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Target42
Private
Private
Target42

Hunter squad. Empty
PostSubject: Hunter squad.   Hunter squad. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 6:01 pm

This is a story I'll be writing day by day for all the people who want to read it.
And it begins.

Chapter 1: Flaming Angles.
Chaos raged out on the small planet of Sirius Tau c. The Covenant were hard at work searching for Forerunner artifacts. "Would ODST team Alpha prepare to drop" rang out through the halls of Halcyon class cruiser Freedom and Justice. Jun Voldstock hurriedly got into gear and raced to the deployment station. "Get ready ODSTs" shouted Lieutenant Johnson as the group of 20 got into SOEIVs and sealed themselves in. Jun braced himself. This part was always the worst. Then the sucking feeling as the pod fell trough space headed toward a new planent, one ripe for conquest or salvation.
"What's it look like, Johnson?" Jun asked.
"Seems like a patrol team. A few Sangheili some Unngoy and kig yar but not much else. They want to find articfacts and when they're done, they'll glass it. We can't let that happen."
"Good. Over and out."
Jun watched the fires around his pod. Then it jolted. The planet below him was a wide green expanse with vast majestic rocky cliffs and beautiful rivers. "It'll be a shame if this gets glassed." remarked Aaron Young, Jun's closest friend in the UNSC.
The pods smashed into the ground. Jun stumbled out of his and his troops rallied around him.
"Here's the plan. We have to stop the Covenant from uncovering a relic located 10 clicks away. If we hold out long enough they will give up. But don't be surprised if command denies us anything. I want team 1 to head up to the mountains surrounding the area and snipe from them, team two, you are directed to approach from the east, and team three will hit the west. We hold position. Sync?"
"Sync" responded the rest of the team.

Chapter 2: The Relic
Aaron stood at the top of an icy ledge. Behind him stood 3 other elite sniper units. "We're here. Set up and get on a rifle. If you see any high priority targets, take em down" he ordered.
"Sir yes Sir" came the response.
"Excellent".
That was when trough his scope Aaron saw the relic. It was a blinding blue light, burning intensely. A few Elites stood around it. But its glow was hypnotic, and Aaron could hardly stand it. The snow around them was bright and almost blinding. Aaron thought it must be a big deal. But what was it?

Andrew Fletcher also saw it. He was leading 8 men around to the east where he could stop reinforcements and drive the Covenant away from the relic. What he saw was amazing. A vast glowing structure, possibly a whole Forerunner ship. The place was crawling with Covenant. "Uhh Aaron we're gonna need some help down here," he whispered through the helmet radio. "
"Roger that" called Aaron.

Chapter 3:

Last edited by Target42 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Progressing story)
Back to top Go down
Teh newbz117
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Teh newbz117

No Disciplinary Action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary Action for two consecutive months Has participated in a clan match Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

Hunter squad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter squad.   Hunter squad. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Liking the way it's going thus far! But, just for some constructive criticism later in the story, battle-hardened ODST's probably wouldn't use race names. They'd just call them Elites, Grunts, etc.
Back to top Go down
Dashi
Sergeant
Sergeant
Dashi

Hunter squad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter squad.   Hunter squad. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Teh newbz117 wrote:
Liking the way it's going thus far! But, just for some constructive criticism later in the story, battle-hardened ODST's probably wouldn't use race names. They'd just call them Elites, Grunts, etc.

Or other names such as Split-Jaws or the most common name given to Zealots (Gold) by me and my brother, Goldilocks.
Back to top Go down
Alpine_gremlin
Major
Major
Alpine_gremlin

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

Hunter squad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter squad.   Hunter squad. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Agreed, Newbz`s suggestion would make the characters more believable.

Other than that, going well so far!
Back to top Go down
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in 3 clan matches Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Constantly is volunteering to do work for the clan and it's members. Has become an officer in the clan

Hunter squad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter squad.   Hunter squad. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Overall it is a nice story though there are some gramatical and punctual mistakes here and there. But overall I like the story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunter squad. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter squad.   Hunter squad. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunter squad.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ODST 501st Airborne Battalion :: Story Forum-
Jump to: