ODST 501st Airborne Battalion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They Drop Us, To Drop Them!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Attention all 501st members. There are several reforms being made to the over all structure
and operations of the clan. 1Lt Teh Newbz and 2Lt Hoshk are the two officers that will
be taking charge of most of the reformations. Newbz will be focusing on personnel
reform issue such as the way the clan is structured. If you'd like to provide feedback
pass that information up to him. Hoshk is focusing in on operational reforms and has
been tasked with trying to set up a training event, clan match, and a social event each
month. If you have ideas that you'd like to see come up at future events let him
know. These ideas can be training ideas, social ideas, or if you know of a clan that would
be interested in a clan match he's the one to contact.

LtC Skirata2
Commanding Officer

"Nightmare"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dashi
Sergeant
Sergeant
Dashi

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Some days, I'd wake up in the middle of the night due to a nightmare. Not that it was scary and all but it'd still make you jump. But recently, those nightmares have been getting worse. One of them in which I found myself being shoved off a cliff by a anonymous man with a weird engraving on his chest; others I would be waking up as myself in some sort of castle and as I'd explore the castle would darken before the same anonymous being appears from the darkness and mimic stabbing me with what would appear to be a knife of some sort. But the worst part was that it was all believable. You'd think the nightmare was actually happening, as if you were being engulfed by it. I've talked to a psychiatrist and he knows nothing about what I am suffering. He just believes that I am suffering a nervous breakdown from stress and that I need to get some time off from work to just relax at home.

Today is the first day off of work because of these dreams, and my wife is out for the day to be with her parents out in South Carolina. So for the day I get the fun fact of being alone. I turned the television on to watch some of my favourite show which should have been on, but it never turned on. The screen was full of static before suddenly going to black; but the television was still turned on and it should only turn black when switched off. I blinked, and the mystery engraving from the anonymous man in my dreams was blaring out from the screen. I almost jumped out of my seat, but after closing my eyes and reopening them I found my show to be on and the TV to be perfectly fine. Now I'm sure I really need to relax and think about something else. But how could I?

I continued watching my show for another 27 minutes before suddenly a crash from the kitchen suddenly happened. No one else is in the house, how on earth could the glasses just fall out from the cupboard and then be forced onto the ground in such speed to smash them. I was almost worried so much as to run out of the house, but how exactly would that help. I just needed to sleep, a nice nap might get this out of my head.

I went to my room, but my head felt so heavy I could hardly walk straight up the stairs. I lay in my bed with my head calmly on the pillows. I was quickly falling asleep in the comfort of the warm blankets.

But then I awoke. However, it was not in my real body. I awoke in a large bed far different from my own. I glared at the granite walls surrounding me. This was not my house.... it was not my life. Another nightmare perhaps? If it was, why could I not awake. What was happening to me?! Suddenly, there was banging. I glanced to the left of the bed, a large wooden door protruding from the wall. It shook as something from the other side banged on it; the iron handle swinging high in the air from the force of whatever was hitting it. I slid further under the blankets of the bed, attempting to hide from whatever stood outside if it were to get in. The candlelight in the room dimmed and I became ever more worried of what was to happen. As I felt my life almost about to end... the banging stopped.

Suddenly I felt the urge to leave the bed and investigate. Why I did I have no idea, but I was too curios. I climbed out of the bed and slowly limped towards the door. My legs felt like they had been trapped under ice for many years but yet I felt almost completely perfect otherwise. I reached out to the iron handle of the door and yanked on it, opening the wooden door. There was nothing in sight but a long, dark corridor. I was wary at first to wander from the dimly lit yet safe room I found myself in, but my curiosity told me otherwise. I began to trek down the corridor that felt like an eternity. At the end there was a window, although unbreakable it let a small amount of light in. Moonlight? This sure was strange. To the left of the same window as yet another wooden door and opposite that a picture frame.

Adjusting my eyes to the darkness of the corridor, I was able to interpret the picture. It was of a young man, likely in his young thirties; dressed in a fancy getup like that you'd see from an old film of Britain. What was it supposed to mean? There was a sudden flash of lightning that shocked me, and the pitter patter of rain hitting glass could easily be heard. I turned to face the window which was now darkened, as if the moon had suddenly vanished. Glancing back at the picture frame I jumped out of my skin; literally. The man now looked like he was ninety years old, his bones as frail as a skeleton. His clothes now tattered and cut and his hair hardly visible, there was one troubling thing about the picture. The man now lacked eyes, instead there was just a completely black space with bags as if he had not slept in a long time; this was the same as his mouth with his lips barely noticeable any longer. I wanted to run, I wanted to hide. But my body dragged me on.

Going through the next door I could still hear the sound of rain on the window despite closing the door behind me. It sounded louder than earlier despite that I was walking away from it. As I continued down a long and creaky wooden staircase, a barely distinguishable moaning sound could be heard; like that of a zombie from those old movies. Sounding like it was in pain or suffering, I actually feared continuing. But before I could argue I was suddenly pushed by a force which almost sent me flying from my feet.

The bottom of the stairs was undeniably a place to be scared of. Old and broken wood marked the walls and roof whilst wet granite conquered the flooring. Darker than the other rooms and a mysterious force pushing me on, I had to continue. I did not want to go on but I had no other choice. As I marched on, the moaning grew until I found myself facing a large metal door built from iron. My arm was lifted into the air, but not by me. I felt no longer in control of my body as my arm banged loudly on the door. The room was... unlike any other. Lit by dark red candles burning around the corners of the room and darkness grasping control of the center, my brain was eager to investigate while my heart was not.

Forced into the room and suddenly feeling like I was being dragged by my own body, the iron door slammed shut and the candles grew dimmer as I walked on. My body stopping in what could be called the direct center of the room. I could make out a corridor far in front of me but I could not move. There was a suddenly loud roar; followed by moaning and the scraping of metal. I could make out a dark figure slowly lumbering towards me with one arm on the wall. Looking closer, I could see the engraving in my past nightmares illuminating from the chest of this mystery... turning to it's arm, it cut off halfway down as the skin was pulled back. A large metal sword-like item protruded from it's arm. I want to get away from all this, I just wanted to...

WAKE UP!

The creature lumbered ever-closer towards me. Now almost only a few steps away. The moaning felt like the sound of satanic bells. I was suddenly smacked in the face by the large blade, but not in a way to behead me. More of less to injure my head; I could see this because if it had intended to kill me with that it would have but yet it was happy to cut a large bloody gash across my whole face. I was scared, I felt my life slipping away. I just wanted to lift my arm and hit the creature away and run; but I could not. The creature thrusted it's arm at my gut, the least I could say was that it hurt less than the previous blow to the face. But as I looked back up at the creature it prepared it's blade arm. I felt my life end before it even stabbed it's arm through my chest.

I woke up. Jumping out of my blankets with sweat dripping down my face. I felt hot, very hot. I climbed out of my bed, opening the curtains of my room. It was night outside and the streets were silent. Thank god, that was just another nightmare...

But then I heard the bang.
Back to top Go down
Dashi
Sergeant
Sergeant
Dashi

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Enjoy it please. :3
Back to top Go down
Alpine_gremlin
Major
Major
Alpine_gremlin

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 3:20 am

Very cool narrative! Thankfully I seldom remember my dreams, including nightmares. Very Happy

This reminded me of a BF3 video that I saw recently, called "Cycles".

Back to top Go down
Dashi
Sergeant
Sergeant
Dashi

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:10 am

Alpine_gremlin wrote:
Very cool narrative! Thankfully I seldom remember my dreams, including nightmares. Very Happy

This reminded me of a BF3 video that I saw recently, called "Cycles".

I've seen that many times and I believe Birgirpall did a great job on it. I was slightly inspired to write this by Cycles, Amnesia: The Dark Descent and a a some ideas floating in my head.
Back to top Go down
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in 3 clan matches Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Constantly is volunteering to do work for the clan and it's members. Has become an officer in the clan

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Sounds like you have dementia with a minor case if schyzophrenia
Back to top Go down
Alpine_gremlin
Major
Major
Alpine_gremlin

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Has become an officer in the clan

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Yeti330 wrote:
Sounds like you have dementia with a minor case if schyzophrenia

Yes, because you`re a professional psychologist, right?
Back to top Go down
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

No Disciplinary action for 1/2 year No Disciplinary action for 2 consecutive months. Participated in 3 clan matches Participated in a clan match. Serves in his local community Constantly is volunteering to do work for the clan and it's members. Has become an officer in the clan

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:36 pm

No because I have both symptoms and can I.D. people of my type. GET TRUMPED!!!
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

Serves in his local Community Has Achieved Officer Status in the 501st Has Recruited 10 People Served in a clan alliance group.

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Yeti330 wrote:
That's believable.
Back to top Go down
https://501st.forumotion.net
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:40 am

A side from the dementia part that sounds like a writing from H.P. Lovecraft
Back to top Go down
Alpine_gremlin
Major
Major
Alpine_gremlin

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Yeti330 wrote:

I know. I was being an asshole, as is my specialty.

Also,

Wasn`t aware that both were mere "symptoms". So symptoms of what? Or did you mean two types of a neurosis/psychological disorder?

What was that about getting trumped? Proper diction just kicked your ass!
Back to top Go down
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Actually dick munch. you can have dementia and schizophrenia. SChizophrenia has three categories for symptons: positive, negative, and co-occuring. SO get trumped by a person who has done a semester on it. And I suggest you study these things before trying to trump. study
You can also have symptoms without having or being said neurological disorder. study
Back to top Go down
Skirata2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Skirata2

Serves in his local Community Has Achieved Officer Status in the 501st Has Recruited 10 People Served in a clan alliance group.

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Yeti330 wrote:
Actually dick munch. you can have dementia and schizophrenia. SChizophrenia has three categories for symptons: positive, negative, and co-occuring. SO get trumped by a person who has done a semester on it. And I suggest you study these things before trying to trump. study
You can also have symptoms without having or being said neurological disorder. study
And this is where this conversation ends.
Back to top Go down
https://501st.forumotion.net
Hoshk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Hoshk

Has become an officer in the clan

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:35 am

Topic has a lot of replies, and most are for the wrong reasons...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HoshkyLlama?feature=mhee
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:59 am

agreed, but back to topic, I personaly like the story.
Back to top Go down
Alpine_gremlin
Major
Major
Alpine_gremlin

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Yeti330 wrote:

I think it`s funny that you still can`t see my trolling...even after I admitted the fact. You can`t trump me, you only think so because I feign ignorance to get a rise. Razz

I think that a customary "U MAD BRO?????" is in order.
Back to top Go down
Yeti330
Captain
Captain
Yeti330

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Back to topic Gremlin.
Back to top Go down
Dashi
Sergeant
Sergeant
Dashi

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Yeti330 wrote:
Back to topic Gremlin.

Back to topic myself, I'll be writing a hopefully much longer story starting hopefully later tonight if not now since I have little else to do.
Back to top Go down
Hoshk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Hoshk

Has become an officer in the clan

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 am

I feel bad for saying this, but after 6 months I read this for the first time. I'd just, never read it. But I have to say, I thought my writing was good. This is an amazing piece of writing, Dashi. Well done.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HoshkyLlama?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

"Nightmare" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Nightmare"   "Nightmare" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Nightmare"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ODST 501st Airborne Battalion :: Story Forum-
Jump to: